Mountain Project Logo

Chatt crags climbable on Sunday?

Original Post
David M · · Nashville, TN · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Storming like crazy in Nashville right now...looks like Chattanooga has still not quite gotten hit with the leading edge of it. I'm guessing the storms won't have passed until mid-day tomorrow.

So I just wanted to ask anyone more familiar with the area...ya think iit's still gonna be pretty boned on Sunday morning? I originally wanted to hit T-Wall, but that seems like a gamble at best...face dries fast, cracks stay wet, I'm guessing?

If T-Wall is definitely out, what might be 'in'? Keeping in mind I'm just looking for easy stuff that suits my climbing style (i.e. incompetent). Trad for me is a nice fat crack I can inchworm up while pooping out gear every two feet...

I thinking the answer is going to overwhelmingly be T-Wall OUT, Foster's IN. Meh...Foster's 'moderates' are 10's...I was wanting 7-8. :/

Beth Santoro · · Bi-location East and West, ZZ · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 90

I think you can find some dry rocks tomorrow morning particularly south facing like T-Wall, but it depends on how long it takes the sun to come out in the morning. At noon it’s only going to be 40 deg.

David M · · Nashville, TN · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Well, I'm going to T-Wall, so we'll see what happens. :) Popular sentiment seems to be that some stuff will be climbable.

To anyone else with similar plans- see ya out there!

marewmanew · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Any updates on  local thoughts on the weather for this weekend? Will Deep Creek be out of the picture? What about up at Obed?

Alexander Stathis · · Chattanooga, TN · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 656
marewmanew wrote:

Any updates on  local thoughts on the weather for this weekend? Will Deep Creek be out of the picture? What about up at Obed?

Tierrany wall at the Obed will be dry for sure, but it'll be busy if it's raining and the hike in is long. 

Jason Eberhard · · Atlanta, GA · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 111

T-wall is closed for hunting this weekend. http://www.seclimbers.org/modules.php?name=area&file=tennessee-wall

I changed my plans to head to Sand Rock instead of chat area.

Kyle McPheeters · · Chattanooga, TN · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 1

I expect deep creek will be pretty soggy. Tierranny will be great, as mentioned, and if you climb 12s you should still have plenty of stuff to get on even if its crowded there. Inner circle is always good for this kind of weather, but really only fun if you climb 5.11-12. A fair amount of South Clear will be dry too. All that to say, hopefully the rain will hold off...we'll see!

caesar.salad · · earth · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 75
David M wrote:

Trad for me is a nice fat crack I can inchworm up while pooping out gear every two feet...

I lol'd.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "Chatt crags climbable on Sunday?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started