Mountain Project Logo

Area Download Never Completes; Restarts After Failure

Original Post
MikeEf · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 0

Understand there's several questions around the Download Area changes in Mountain Project. I have been able to successfully download several areas, however when I attempt to download Colorado, Mountain Project shows the progress, it makes it to 99%, then stops and goes back to 0%. I have removed and (re) downloaded Mountain Project from the App Store to ensure Mountain Project isn't exhausting the storage on my device (iPod), but get the same symptom. Can someone from the development team give a guy a break and offer an explanation and perhaps an ETA for a fix. Maybe a work around? Mountain Project is awesome and invaluable, and I seriously use it weekly to look for ToDo's and Tick marks for climbs. This is unfortunate and I totally get that software "bugs" happen, but it's rough when it worked, and then its introduced. That said, keep up the great work for the app, awesome utility.

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 4,098

Just checking... are you sure you've got a lot of space left?  CO is large, and it takes space to process it once downloaded in addition to the permanent storage space.  What happens if you try California, which is also large?  And a small area still works?

Nick, Thanks for getting back to me, appreciate it. Really like the app! I have 17.6 GB available, totally understand about the size of Colorado download. I have downloaded Kentucky, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia and noticed that the information seems to be available, however when I first launch the app and look at my areas, they say download error, then the download error string immediately under the area changes to a/the route count and on the far right the downloading icon starts spinning and 2 of the 3 say 0%.  thanks once again Nick.

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 4,098

We put out a new version of the app 2 days ago.  Try deleting the app and reinstalling.  Maybe we'll get lucky...

Nick, cool will do. Thanks.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "Area Download Never Completes; Restarts After F…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started