Mountain Project Logo

Five Ten Hiangles

Original Post
Climbing Forfun · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Any reviews/input on Five Ten Hiangles (both men and womens)? Thank you!

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252
Noah Yetter · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 105

Sizing is wonky. I wear a 10.5 in all the Anasazi shoes and the Quantum. Hiangles in 10.5 took a heroic effort just to get on and were so absurdly tight there's no way I could actually use them.

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252

Hmm I went same size as my Anasazis and they are  tight (similar to Solutions downsized 2 1/2 sizes) but    not painful.  They are (like most Five Ten shoes) on the narrow end, though, especially the toe box.  I think I would go a half size up from Anasazis next time.

James Donigan · · Salt Lake City · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 20

I love my hiangles. I am a 13 running shoe 12.5 pinks and vcs (both all day comfy). I wear 12's hiangles and think the fit is perfect for single pitch. Great sock like feel. I have worn them for roofs, steep edging, and slab. They have performed awesome in all conditions and I love the Stealth rubber. They were VERY difficult to get on initially and eventually the stitching on the elastic top section started to come undone on one of them but actually now they are even better/easier to get on because the Velcro strap keeps that section tight and together anyways. I have a back up pair for when i need to resole my current pair and I'll probably intentionally undo some of the stitching to make getting them on easier. I felt there was a little learning Curve coming from a sharper toed shoe like the miura vs as these are a little more blunt and rounded. To each their own, but I really dig them. 

Andrew Southworth · · MN · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 289

I really like them for overhanging boulders/routes. They really dig into footholds in those situations. For vertical to slight overhangs I prefer my Miura VS.

RobG814 · · Wilmington, NC · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 335

I am digging the Hiangles. They are comfy for such a tight aggressive shoe. I have Dragons in 9.5, Anasazi VCS in 8 and Hiangles in 8.5. They were super tight at first but they have broken in and stretched out to be perfect.

A lot of the guys and girls on the Five Ten team have been wearing the Hiangles and crushing V15 in them.

Climbing Forfun · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Thank you for your help everyone!:)

Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175

climbing friend,

they are acceptable. it matters not except if they provide good fittings on your footsies.

it is of importance far far greater the strength in your guns, the boldness in your heart, and the quality of prancing pony in your footwork!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Five Ten Hiangles"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.