Mountain Project Logo

Pics of Bear's Reach Free Solo

Original Post
Jared Casper · · Scotts Valley, CA · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 10

I got a couple of iPhone shots of someone channeling their inner Dan Osman at Lover's Leap this afternoon.  I thought whoever it was might like seeing/having them even though the quality isn't great. Whoever it is didn't quite do it in 4 min like Dan but definitely flew up the thing at a pretty good clip; it was pretty cool to sit across the valley and watch.

Daniel Howe · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Wow, that’s impressive nonetheless 

John RB · · Boulder, CO · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 159

Of course you've seen Honnold's free solo of this route?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi4iR4clDGs

My best time on Bear's Reach is a 8:45 solo.  I've soloed The Line in 22:12.  I doubt anyone keeps track of this stuff...

Jared Casper · · Scotts Valley, CA · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 10
John RB wrote:

Of course you've seen Honnold's free solo of this route?

Yes, but thanks for reminding me! Crazy how smooth and controlled he is and still beats Dan's time.

My best time on Bear's Reach is a 8:45 solo.  I've soloed The Line in 22:12.  I doubt anyone keeps track of this stuff...

Wow! Well done! I can't imagine there are _that_ many people who do fast free solos like that. I've found the people that actually free solo usually don't talk about it in public much so you'll never know. :)

John RB · · Boulder, CO · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 159
Jared Casper wrote:

Yes, but thanks for reminding me! Crazy how smooth and controlled he is and still beats Dan's time.

Wow! Well done! I can't imagine there are _that_ many people who do fast free solos like that. I've found the people that actually free solo usually don't talk about it in public much so you'll never know. :)

Well, my solos hardly even count as "speed" solos... my Bear's Reach is over double the time that Dan-o and Honnlove took.  And my time on The Line isn't even as fast as some roped parties. :)

Chasing Choss · · California · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 416

Haha this is my buddy si! I'll forward them to him!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California
Post a Reply to "Pics of Bear's Reach Free Solo"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started