Mountain Project Logo

rope jacked off 4th of july crack vedauwoo.

Original Post
Corey Flynn · · Beattyvillain · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 170

not sure ill have much luck here but i had two ropes stolen and a grigri off 4th of july crack saturday morning. it was my birthday friday night and i did some top rope laps by headlamp to get the weekend started. we left the ropes up, but tucked them into the start of horns mother, to return to climb more in the morning. by the time we came back the ropes were gone but my directional cams were still in the crack, was able to retreive those. im sure the ropes werent in anybodys way as saturday morning was savagely cold and windy. not sure why people would do this. 7043404188 if you can help,

thanks,

corey

Em Cos · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 5
Corey Flynn wrote:

not sure ill have much luck here but i had two ropes stolen and a grigri off 4th of july crack saturday morning. it was my birthday friday night and i did some top rope laps by headlamp to get the weekend started. we left the ropes up, but tucked them into the start of horns mother, to return to climb more in the morning. by the time we came back the ropes were gone but my directional cams were still in the crack, was able to retreive those. im sure the ropes werent in anybodys way as saturday morning was savagely cold and windy. not sure why people would do this. 7043404188 if you can help,

thanks,

corey

So, it was too cold and windy for anyone to have possibly wanted to climb that morning... except for you, who returned to climb more that morning? I think there's a flaw in your logic. 

People are going to say that you can't leave expensive gear unattended and expect it to be safe. Others are going to say stealing is wrong no matter how abandoned something looks. Both are true. I'm sorry you left your gear, that's a total bummer. If someone did pull your ropes because they were in the way, maybe they would've been turned in somewhere? 

wow some cheap talk from the peanut gallery, not really lookin for advice just checking to see if somebody has my ropes. i wasnt planning on climbing saturday morning, just went to grab my ropes and then go hunker down at friday the 13th as it had snowed during the night. ropes definitely were tucked out of the way and not in anybodys way

Chris Peterson · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 1,510
Corey Flynn wrote:

wow some cheap talk from the peanut gallery, not really lookin for advice just checking to see if somebody has my ropes. i wasnt planning on climbing saturday morning, just went to grab my ropes and then go hunker down at friday the 13th as it had snowed during the night. ropes definitely were tucked out of the way and not in anybodys way

Did you even check this very forum?  Literally the 7th post down was a post about a rope and cams found at Vedauwoo.  https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/113715032/found-climbing-rope-and-cams-vedauwoo

Don't go off on someone who lends advice.  We are all a community here, he was just trying to help you make better decisions for the future.  Yes, that's my unsolicited opinion, but hey, at least I did the work and pointed you towards your rope, maybe?  I hope you get your stuff back :)

George Hayduke · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2006 · Points: 65
Christopher Peterson wrote:

Did you even check this very forum?  Literally the 7th post down was a post about a rope and cams found at Vedauwoo.  https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/113715032/found-climbing-rope-and-cams-vedauwoo

Don't go off on someone who lends advice.  We are all a community here, he was just trying to help you make better decisions for the future.  Yes, that's my unsolicited opinion, but hey, at least I did the work and pointed you towards your rope, maybe?  I hope you get your stuff back :)

Solved 

IcePick · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 100

How do you jack off a rope ?

mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0
IcePick wrote:

How do you jack off a rope ?

It’s all in how you use your brake hand

Thomas Gilmore · · Where the climate suits my… · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 1,059

Ice pick beat me to it

IcePick · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 100
mediocre wrote:

It’s all in how you use your brake hand

Never take your hand off it...

Christopher Peterson wrote:

that post was from before my ropes*(as in two) were taken and I wasnt on Eds crack. I also didnt have any cams stolen as indicated in that post

Mark Says · · Basalt, CO · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 395

Time to total thread clusterfuck: less than 24 hours.

Chris Peterson · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 1,510
Mark Waterous wrote:

Time to total thread clusterfuck: less than 24 hours.

BAH GAWD!  THAT'S ALMOST A RECORD!

Sean Brady · · Spearfish, SD · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 125
This post violated Guideline #1 and has been removed.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Wyoming, Montana, Dakotas
Post a Reply to "rope jacked off 4th of july crack vedauwoo."

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started