Mountain Project Logo

Knoxville Mountain Biking

Original Post
samanthaspence · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Hello, I just moved to the area and have found great mountain biking trails.  I just got into mountain biking and I'm looking for a climbing/biking buddy. The Crag looks like a great place to start! 

Anyone down? I have gear and experience. Not the best climber but can lead a 5.8-5.10. I have quick draws and rope but no cams yet. 

James Sweeney · · Roselle Park, NJ · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 30

I just drove through Knoxville and had a look around and it seemed like a nice town, but I had some observations.

Stay clear of that big orb near the middle of town. Too much strangeness there. The park underneath is cool though.

The Body Farm should stay a mystery. Don't go looking for Trouble and it won't find you.

Market Square is okay for a stroll around outing, but stay out of Strong Street  (It's actually an alley between the Square and S Gay Street, strange visions in there)

If you get down to Gatlinburg maybe check out Arrowmont arts and crafts.  They have short classes (  https://www.arrowmont.org/workshops-classes/classes/  ) in addition to weekend and weeklong  workshops.

I would have liked to stay longer but I had a lot of miles to go.

Jim

paul.adams.3 · · Knoxville, TN · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 45

Welcome to Knoxville!  My wife and I started mountain biking within the last year and we climb at the crag occasionally as well.  Feel free to hit me up if you want to get out sometime.  I would also recommend checking out Tennessee Valley Bikes - they do a weekly easy rider at Ijams.  Onsight and the Climbing Center are also good places to meet other climbers

Jim Urbec · · Sevierville, TN · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 56

when ever you go to Market square/Gay st for dinner and drinks the night should always end at the Peter Kern Library!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "Knoxville Mountain Biking"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started