Mountain Project Logo

Climbing Partners (AZ/SoCal)

Original Post
Martin · · Yuma, AZ · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

Hey!  I just made back to the states after being overseas for most of the year, and I'm looking to get back into climbing.  I'm super busy during the week, but I love getting out of town on the weekends, and I'm happy to travel pretty much anywhere around AZ or SoCal--even parts of Nevada, Utah, or New Mexico when I can get more than a couple days off work.  I'm still a fairly new lead climber (5.10-5.11 TR and V3-V4 in the gym), but definitely looking to improve (I promise I'm a quick learner!), and hopefully get into some trad and multi-pitch eventually.  I can bring a rope, draws, and a crash pad, along with a 4WD Tacoma, dry humor, and plenty of enthusiasm.  Please hit me up if you're interested!

-Martin

Malcolm Ferguson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

Hey whats up Martin?

Where do you live?  I'll be flying into Phoenix on December 15th, and will have the next two days free.  On the 18th I will be leaving for Ouray with some friends.  We climb around the same grades, I don't have much trad experience but plenty of sport!

Martin · · Yuma, AZ · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

I'm in Yuma right now, although the drive to Phoenix isn't bad.  I can't promise I'll be free this far ahead since things can get pretty crazy at work, but tentatively I should be able to climb that weekend.  I've got zero trad experience right now, so sport would be great, haha.  Ouray sounds sick--you guys ice climbing?

wing thing · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 115

There's a meet up for rock climbing in Joshua Tree Oct 26-29 in case you're interested. https://www.meetup.com/Rock-Climbers-Of-San-Diego/events/243648296/

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico Partners
Post a Reply to "Climbing Partners (AZ/SoCal)"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started