Mountain Project Logo

Crimson Chrysalis or Armatron

Original Post
Daniel Rickert · · Golden, CO · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 486

Heading up to Red Rocks for the day this Saturday. Temps look a little warm, but reasonable. I was thinking about doing either Crimson Chrysalis or Armatron. Will Armatron be too hot? Is Crimson really that good? What about Frogland?

Need some locals help to figure out what to do.

This will be my third trip to Red Rocks. I have done Big Bad Wolf, Birdland, and Dark Shadows to the top. Any advice on the above routes or suggestions are much appreciated!

Climb on!

Daniel

Austin Baird · · SLC, Utah · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 95

It's cool to hate on CC, but I love it. Juggy, fun climbing straight up for 1000 feet with amazing views. The belays suck, but whatever. It's awesome.

Chuck Parks · · Atlanta, GA · Joined Jan 2008 · Points: 2,190

Do Crimson Chrysalis. Get there first.

BigB · · Red Rock, NV · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 340

you could try "hot flash" ......itll be in the shade!

Joe Prescott · · Berlin Germany · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 6

Walk up to Crimson but bring a standard trad rack. If Crimson is too busy, walk back down the ramp and do Ginger Cracks, which is a lot better than Crimson anyway. I find Crimson boring, uncomfortable belays, and annoying with lots of slow people on it and people rapping the same route.

BigB · · Red Rock, NV · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 340
Joe Prescott wrote:

Walk up to Crimson but bring a standard trad rack. If Crimson is too busy, walk back down the ramp and do Ginger Cracks, which is a lot better than Crimson anyway. I find Crimson boring, uncomfortable belays, and annoying with lots of slow people on it and people rapping the same route.

good advice as well

Daniel Rickert · · Golden, CO · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 486

Really appreciate all of the advice guys! Red Rocks is one of my favorite places to climb. Can't wait to get after it

Andrew Yasso · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 215

I've found this place to be incredibly quiet so far this season. I probably shouldn't say something to change that, but still. 

Josh Janes · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2001 · Points: 9,999
Andrew Yasso wrote:

I've found this place to be incredibly quiet so far this season. I probably shouldn't say something to change that, but still. 

Quiet... except for Foust shouting belay commands from Cat in the Hat all day long that is!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "Crimson Chrysalis or Armatron"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started