Mountain Project Logo

Moab/Indian Creek October

Original Post
Elaine C · · Truckee, CA · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 40

Hi all, I plan to start driving from California to Moab beginning of Oct (maybe stopping in Zion too), and I'm looking for climbing partners for the month. My goal for this trip is to pretty much get strong in crack climbing, and stronger in trad in general. Along the way, climb some desert towers. As of now, I'm lead up to 5.9/5.10- on gear depending on the style and I'll belay bitch/follow almost anything. Have a 1.5 rack, rope, and lots of psych. PM me if you are interested in climbing! Elaine

Eric Gratien · · Moab, UT · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

Hey Elaine I just sent you a PM!

Jsand Sanders · · Cali · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 10

Hi Elaine, I'm looking for Moab buddy for 10/16 17 18. Climbing same range, never climbed Moab so down for wherever! Will have double rack, 3 twos and 70 meter. Number is 770-354-0537 if any of those days work! Jennifer

Dankasaurus · · Lyons, CO · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 85

Will be in Moab/Creek/Reef area in October, starting 6th or so.  Have quads or more in hand size camalots, generally more than enough for most Creek routes.  PM me on this site.  My wife is traveling in Asia so I'm looking for a belay buddy for this desert trip.

Cheers

Sandra Dy · · Utah, Moab · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 41

See you there elaine. I prob won't be free the 10th as ill be doing mileage three days straight from 7-9 so free 11-17/18 let me know what days you want to lock in. Prefer if we get a group and have even numbers. 

Andrew McGrath · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 35

I will also be in the Moab area in a few days looking for partners. Will probably be there until mid-October. I have a single rack with doubles in finger to hand sizes. Would love to explore the Creek and any towers nearby.

Sandra Dy · · Utah, Moab · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 41

Sounds great Andrew I'm on whatsapp +61421645540

Mitch Kane · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

I will also be in the moab area throughout October and need partners. I have a few sets of cams and will lead 5.11. 614 301 3227

Maxim Lowry · · 95 Ford Ranger · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 0

I'll be in the area looking for partners this month as well! I'm headed there Wednesday. I've got singles of .3-6 and doubles of 1-3. Can lead 5.11 but feeling rusty. Can never have too many cams.

307 399 7716

Patrick Hennessy · · Portland, OR · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

Hey all I'm in the same boat.  Will be in the Moab area from 10/8 - 10/15 with doubles-triples of small sizes, (5-6) #1s and #2s, and (4-5) #3s and #4s.  About the same skill level as Elaine and lots of psych to get to know the area!  feel free to PM or text

-Pat

503 318 4948

Rachel Hallnan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 0

Hell all, I'm going to be in Moab this weekend (October 7th or 8th) and looking for a partner to hit the creek with one of the days, possibly an easy tower if anyone is psyched! Got a full rack with doubles .5 - 3. Text me if you are interested! 

Cheers! 

abe r · · Boise, ID · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 180

Does anyone plan on heading down to the creek from SLC Friday evening on the 13th and head back to town Monday evening....and willing to give me a ride in doing so? :)

Gas money and the like plus we can climb!  

Lee Payne · · Austin, TX · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 102

Hey dudes and dudettes, I'll be in Moab/Indian Creek from mid next week untill early November. I'll have an intermittent partner, but would love to climb with some of you when he's out. I've followed 10s and 11s, but haven't led parallel cracks yet. I've got a single rack and will have doubles .5-3 before I leave.

WhatsApp: +15124339565

danhohl · · Gunnison, CO · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

I'll be in Moab/the Creek Oct 11-13 and would be down to climb with anyone! 70 m rope, doubles or triples on hand sizes, let me know! 949 861 1041

-Dan

h82bindoors · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 10

Let me tag on to this thread as I plan to be there from the 13th thru the end of October. I don't have much experience in crack climbing as I'm a Gunks climber but I lead several 10s at Squamish and Smith. If anyone can climb with me this weekend, please text me at 732-881-1083

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Utah Partners
Post a Reply to "Moab/Indian Creek October"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started