Mountain Project Logo

Mellow climbing at Rushmore area Sep 22 or 23

Original Post
Barbara Luke · · Blue Diamond, NV · Joined May 2011 · Points: 0

My first time visit to the area, I'm from Red Rock (NV). Looking for partner(s) on the Friday or Saturday or both. And first time posting for a partner! Looks like weather will be ok.

Leslie H · · Keystone · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 415

Barb doesn't have her climbs logged but she is a solid 5.8 leader with tons of multipitch and rock experience. She is super safe and super fun to climb with and if I wasn't working I'd be flying to Rapid to get on some Hills classics with her. Anyone wanna help her get on your amazing crystal granite that I'm always boasting about???

Sara Johnston · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Hi Barbara, I sent you a message! :)

John Hayes II · · Durango, CO · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 5

I'm interested in climbing the rushmore area too! Shoot me a text if you still need a partner at 858 342 4767.

Barbara Luke · · Blue Diamond, NV · Joined May 2011 · Points: 0

Weather looks dismal - rain and high in the forties. I brought personal gear in case a miracle occurs during the week that I'll be in the area, but probably no climbing this trip. Today, day 1 of my road trip, I made it to Colorado Monument and hiked over to look longingly at Otto's Route. Also on my wish list. 

Mikel Madsen · · Rapid City SD( raised) and… · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 8,677

Rushmore can be climbed year round. The weather window here is not normal for the hills. It can be raining in the Needles and sunny at Rushmore. Same applies to Spearfish Canyon. I could be sunny or raining and be completely different weather in the southern hills an hour away. Even in cool misty days Rushmore tends to somehow dry the fastest and for reasons unknown can be completely missed even though the hills are shrouded in fog and mist. Happy climbing any questions let me know! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Wyoming, Montana, & Dakotas Partners
Post a Reply to "Mellow climbing at Rushmore area Sep 22 or 23"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started