Mountain Project Logo

FOUND GEAR: Eichorn pinnacle

Original Post
BryanOC · · All over · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 5

I found a piece of gear on Eichorn pinnacle on 09/17/17.  Please describe it to me so we can get it back to you.  

MP · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 2

my belay card??

Mei (pronounced as May) · · Bay Area, but not in SF · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 151

Well, don't be so quick, mpech. Is it a toprope-only belay card with name Rookie written on it? Mine, since my partner and I were the only party on Eichorn the day before! 

ByranOC, I sent you a PM. Regardless the outcome, I commend you for making the effort to return found gear as many people would just claim booty quietly. 

Frank LaForge · · Incline Village, NV · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 20

Huh. We were on Eichorn too (maybe 1:30ish) but didn't see any booty unless it was the ancient cam at the beginning of the second pitch, in which case you've earned it.

Incidentally, I found some shinny gear on Cathedral yesterday. Will happily return it if someone PMs me with details.

Mei (pronounced as May) · · Bay Area, but not in SF · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 151

the ancient cam at the beginning of the second pitch

I don't remember any fixed cam on the West Pillar Direct variation of Pitch 2, so is this after the traverse to the right?

If anything, now I remember clipping a rigid-stem piece with a red sling in the middle of Pitch #5 below the 5.9 OW. I didn't look if it was fixed and my partner probably did not even try to remove it since she knew that didn't belong to us. Could that be the FOUND gear?

Frank LaForge · · Incline Village, NV · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 20

Oh, sorry, we did the easy 2-pitch route from the Cathedral saddle (north face?), not the harder ones from the bottom. There was an old, metal-shaft cam maybe 40' from the top. It looked like it had been there for a long time.

metal-shaft cam

Okay, I believe you and I are talking about the same piece. I thought the red sling did not look very weathered (faded), but I didn't bother to examine it closely. 

J L · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 40

I might be missing something! I'll have to double check when I get home tonight. 

Colby Wangler · · Reno · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 321

Booty is booty! Don't leave it 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California
Post a Reply to "FOUND GEAR: Eichorn pinnacle"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started