Mountain Project Logo

Smith Rock 9/12-9/24

Original Post
Ben Williams · · Van · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 40

Hey everyone, I'll be making my way down to smith on the 11th.. Can climb any time on the 12th and 13th. I'll be around the 14th-17th but will mainly be hanging out or volunteering for the craggin classic (come say hi!). Then I'm completely free the 18-24th.

Would like to get on some of the classic moderate multi pitch routes, wherever I may roam, voyage of the cow dog, also game for single pitch sport. I can lead into the .10s. Trad's cool too, but I'm not very experienced leading, happy to follow though! 

Chris Burton · · Flagstaff, AZ · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 5

I'm good to climb on the 18th, just not until the afternoon. Game for classic multipitch, maybe even some classic trad in the lower grades. 10s are exactly perfect. I'd rather not climb anything too difficult if its horribly smoked out so lets keep an eye on that AQI.

Leslie Manley · · Whistler, BC · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 165

Hi, I'm also good to climb on morning of the 18th. Will be there the 14th-18th so can drop by to say hi.

Les

Valerie Brodbeck · · Bend, OR · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

I'm living in a camper in the area (bend right now) ..can climb anytime! 937 478 0632.  What's the craggin classic?

Chris Burton · · Flagstaff, AZ · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 5
Valerie Brodbeck wrote:

I'm living in a camper in the area (bend right now) ..can climb anytime! 937 478 0632.  What's the craggin classic?

https://americanalpineclub.org/craggin-classics-2/

I hadn't been planning on going, but my weekend free'd up and there will be beer, so I just registered.

Valerie, I bought the parking pass, so if you, or anyone else on here  want to carpool up from Bend, hit me up. 205.603.0588. Also, how long are you in Bend? I just moved here and I haven't found any consistent partners yet.

Ben Williams · · Van · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 40

Awesome! Chris and Leslie, Im down for the 18th. Valerie, I'll be down in Bend hopefully by tomorrow evening. Care to get out sometime on wednesday? 

Valerie Brodbeck · · Bend, OR · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

Chris I messaged you. Ben I could do Wednesday but it would have to be later in the day...like 2ish or later. I am free all day Thursday too!

Monika Kawski · · South Lake Tahoe, CA · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 95

Ben if you're around, I am looking to climb. My days off are Tuesday Wednesday so I'm gonna drive the 4 hours over to Bend/Smith tomorrow morning 9/12 (I live near Pendleton) and was trying to get out and climb.

I haven't climbed much in the past year and coming back from a shoulder injury/surgery though so looking to take it easy, not really leading too much right now. If you want a belayer and to be a rope gun, could climb together. Wednesday would probably work better. Up for a moderate multipitch too if you wanna lead all the pitches

Text me back if that works for you, 480 406 3812

Jeffy P · · Portland, OR · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 75

Tuesday? Love the multipitch classics or single pitch in the 10's. Open invitation to anyone!

Anthony Vlahovich · · Eugene, OR · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 5

Hi Ben!

I can lead trad and sport and I would like to meet up on Thursday the 21st for climbing all day. Please, let me know if you can make it. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest Partners
Post a Reply to "Smith Rock 9/12-9/24"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started