Mountain Project Logo

What's tolerable banter versus harassment on the forum?

grog m · · Saltlakecity · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 70

Yes Utah has dumb liquor laws. But if you decide to move somewhere based on beer you should reevaluate your priorities. I used to live in Colorado and there is a prolific drinking culture. Fridays and Saturdays afternoons and nights are all about drinking beer. That culture just doesn’t exist in Utah. People spend their timeout doing things and don't need beer to have a good time. If your good time relies on alcohol then stay in Crowdorado™. 

And lets be honestCO microbros…your crafty IPAs you dumped hops in all taste the same.

Kevin DeWeese · · @failfalling - Oakland, Ca · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 981

What even happened to this thread?

Mark Says · · Basalt, CO · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 395
grog m aka Greg McKee wrote:

But if you decide to move somewhere based on beer you should reevaluate your priorities.

Who said anything about that? 

People spend their timeout doing things and don't need beer to have a good time.

Dang, and here I was wondering why no one in Colorado ever did anything outdoorsy. I can't seem to find a single person who skis, snowboards, rock climbs, mountain climbs, hikes, runs, paddleboards, rafts, bikes, and there's definitely no one here who plays Pinochle which really irritates me on my Friday afternoon blackout drunk get togethers.

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Mark Waterous wrote:

Are those the same liquor stores that close at 4pm on a Friday? 

The two that are within 5 miles of my house close at 10p daily. 'Cept Sunday of course.

Jason Todd · · Cody, WY · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 1,114
kevin deweese wrote:

What even happened to this thread?

It got Projected into submission.

grog m · · Saltlakecity · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 70
Mark Waterous wrote:

Who said anything about that? 

People spend their timeout doing things and don't need beer to have a good time.

Dang, and here I was wondering why no one in Colorado ever did anything outdoorsy. I can't seem to find a single person who skis, snowboards, rock climbs, mountain climbs, hikes, runs, paddleboards, rafts, bikes, and there's definitely no one here who plays Pinochle which really irritates me on my Friday afternoon blackout drunk get togethers.

Im not surprised youre from Aspen, you sure sound like it. 

Marcelo F · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 0

Stop arguing, you guys. You're all about to get reported by Kevin, the Heckeler for harassment.

Mark Says · · Basalt, CO · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 395
grog m aka Greg McKee wrote:

Im not surprised youre from Aspen, you sure sound like it. 

Hey man, as soon as I get back from the liquor store, I'm going to religiously defend my choice of town. I might spin by the bar first to see who's there, but when I'm done with that, I'll be back. Shoot, it's Saturday, two for one Singha at Bangkok Happy. Alright, first thing tomorrow afternoon, I'm all over this.

frank minunni · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined May 2011 · Points: 95
Joe Auer wrote:

i thought middle aged new yorkers were supposed to have thick skin? or is this an upstate thing?

Upstate New York doesn't count. 

Tim Stich · · Colorado Springs, Colorado · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,520
Mark E Dixon · · Possunt, nec posse videntur · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 974

Who's David?

I thought this was another pick on Kevin thread. 

England · · Colorado Springs · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 270
Aleks Zebastian wrote:

climbing friend,

with a name like the kevin heckeler, it is you who shall do the heckeleing of the other member!

thank you, i just expelled the coffee from nose onto screen of computer

Tim Stich · · Colorado Springs, Colorado · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,520
Mark E Dixon wrote:

Who's David?

I thought this was another pick on Kevin thread. 

Duh-oh! Kevin. Right. 

David

Kevin

What's in a name?

BigB · · Red Rock, NV · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 340
Stich wrote:

Duh-oh! Kevin. Right. 

David

Kevin

What's in a name?

atleast they were both 5 letters....;)

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374
BigB wrote:

atleast they were both 5 letters....;)

You're all interchangeable, anyway.

And, everyone missed the obvious answer:

If it's me taking shots at you, it's acceptable banter.

You shooting back is harassment.

Wrong name, we should just string ya up.

Lol! OLH

F r i t z · · North Mitten · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 995
Jaren Watson wrote:

Fourteen months later, I haven’t forgotten about this gem of a post. Bless you, sweet prince.

Falon Vigér · · Fort Collins, CO · Joined May 2010 · Points: 15
Kevin Heckler wrote:
I feel I'm being trolled/harassed by a member.  I've reported both posts and the only official response was by an admin suggesting I need to stop reading the forum ("turn off your auto-reply", which I guess I'm not entirely sure what it means since I wasn't the problem member).

The posts:

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/113479063/a-new-stop-between-new-paltz-and-the-gunks#ForumMessage-113508517

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/113479063/a-new-stop-between-new-paltz-and-the-gunks#ForumMessage-113521091

This isn't the first time this member has singled out my posts for their special treatment.

Are there any admins that actually handle issues and enforce the rules?  To me this seems like a cut/dry case.

This guy is the real troll here folks. Nobody is that sensitive, but on the off chance this guy really is made of glass and fairy dust than chances are he's already offed himself and we need concern ourselves any longer 
Rock Climber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 179

Most of the time these types of threads arent worth the long read .... this one is a great waste of time cause it stayed entertaining! 

F r i t z · · North Mitten · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 995
Mason Stone wrote:
I saw Js post and had to look up the backstory, Fritz that there's some true artwork.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Help
Post a Reply to "What's tolerable banter versus harassment on th…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started