Mountain Project Logo

Mountaineering boots inquiry...!!! (identify boots)

Original Post
Aanif Zia Taimuri · · Lahore, PK · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 16

Can anyone tell me which brand boots are these?? and any other information related to these boots.? 

Ryan Hamilton · · Orem · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 5

Snowboarding boots

Any idea about the brand??? and is it okay for climbing as well? i mean do they work well with crampons? These are the only warm boots i can find here in pakistan...!!!

Trad Princess · · Not That Into Climbing · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 1,175
percious · · Bear Creek, CO · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 1,190

They are probably too wide to fit crampons., they will also have an incredibly stiff ankle which will not be fun to hike with.  Sorry.

Ryan Hamilton · · Orem · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 5

No and no. They are too wide to fit crampons. And probably have a number of other problems that would not make them any good for alpine or ice climbing. 

Mark Berenblum · · Gardiner, NY · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 105

Aanif - what size shoe are you? I have a pair of mountaineering boots that are old but would be much better than those. I have no idea what shipping would cost from New York, but if they fit and you're willing to pay the shipping, you can have them for free. Climbing in those snowboarding boots will leave you hating climbing!

i have these strap on crampons...!!!

aren't high altitude boots stiff from ankle as well...??  

Porter M · · Bellingham, Wa · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 15

I've seen split boarders use strap on g12s on snow board boots. If its all you can get your hands on then a strap on crampon is your only option and you'll be good to go. Ice climbing in them is definitely a no go. 

I have been using these boots for quite some time now... They are really good but as soon as the temperature falls below -10C my feet go numb...!!! I even made it to Nanga Parbat Camp 1 in these. but I really need something warm now...

Mark Berenblum wrote:

Aanif - what size shoe are you? I have a pair of mountaineering boots that are old but would be much better than those. I have no idea what shipping would cost from New York, but if they fit and you're willing to pay the shipping, you can have them for free. Climbing in those snowboarding boots will leave you hating climbing!

Mark Berenblum- Sir My size is 44... 

Mark Berenblum · · Gardiner, NY · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 105

Unfortunately, my boots will be too small (and not much warmer than those). Good luck!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Mountaineering boots inquiry...!!! (identify bo…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started