Mountain Project Logo

Climbing in Vegas, between Wed 8/16 and 8/19

Original Post
Ryan Loiselle · · Pepperell, MA · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 3,370

Headed out to Vegas tomorrow. Am I a fool to think that I will be getting on any climbs with the temperature out there? Anyone out in Nevada still getting after it? Any times of day or climbs suggested that stay in the shade?

BigB · · Red Rock, NV · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 340

there's things you can climb, if your smart....we just did dark shadows on Sun. The lil pool at the bottom is full right now, so you can swim after the climb :)  (rap into it like we did)    .. itll be hot on the walk back to the car though so be prepared.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXwANMehs4W/?taken-by=sawyerbullock (scroll thru photos and you'll see the pool/climb)

Theres also Mt Charleston(9,000'-12,000') 45 min away

Rprops · · Nevada · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 2,422

Great Red Book before 9. Dark shadows after 10. Cookie monster or anything on the front of Mescalito after 1. Birdland after 3.30. Community pillar pretty much anytime. Physical graffiti or BBW with a headlamp.

Walter Galli · · Las vegas · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 2,247

Don't forget eggs, they are cooking fast on rocks.

Ryan Loiselle · · Pepperell, MA · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 3,370

Update: I was able to get on Big Bad Wolf and it was awesome!! Thanks for all the suggestions again guys. 

BigB · · Red Rock, NV · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 340
Rprops wrote:

Great Red Book before 9. Dark shadows after 10. Cookie monster or anything on the front of Mescalito after 1. Birdland after 3.30. Community pillar pretty much anytime. Physical graffiti or BBW with a headlamp.

this is solid advice for summer climbing in RR

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "Climbing in Vegas, between Wed 8/16 and 8/19"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started