Mountain Project Logo

Anywhere in CO from 8/26-9/9

Original Post
Jackson Wright · · Chapel Hill, NC · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Co. folks. I'm in town for 2 weeks staying in the middle of CO and i'm looking for people to show me around CO. I have all the gear thats needed for sport, trad and bouldering and feel comfortable leading around 10b on sport and low grades on trad. Message me and we can try to do something.

eldorfy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 30

I will be headed into boulder in a few days (driving from north Carolina) and looking to do some easy trad (5.7 or below) multipitch at the flatirons. Let me know if you are interested...eight one eight six three one nine nine seven four

Beau Lanier · · Denver, Colorado · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 105

Sent you a private message Jackson.

Matt Hagny · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2011 · Points: 836

Eldo on Tues, 8/29, anyone?  I can lead 9s there, and follow easier 10s.  have full set of gear and rope, and 15 yrs of trad experience. 

Nick Arthur · · Northampton, MA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 86

Also in the area for some amount of time (few weeks?) And generally trying to climb. My focus is sport, doing high 10s/low 11s. Also up for following trad. Living out of my car currently, might try to focus on shelf road

Parker Wrozek · · Denver, CO · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 86
Nick Arthur wrote:

Also in the area for some amount of time (few weeks?) And generally trying to climb. My focus is sport, doing high 10s/low 11s. Also up for following trad. Living out of my car currently, might try to focus on shelf road

Just an FYI but very few people are going to be climbing at shelf right now or even willing to go. Most people avoid it until late October. It is just way too hot!

Nick Arthur · · Northampton, MA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 86
Parker Wrozek wrote:

Just an FYI but very few people are going to be climbing at shelf right now or even willing to go. Most people avoid it until late October. It is just way too hot!

How hot are we talking? I was just at Obed and then the Red and found it manageable. Any suggestions for something similar but cooler/north facing?

Levi Arnhold · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 10

I climbed at shelf yesterday. Heat wasn't an issue. Obviously be smart about it and go early, and then find shaded walls for afternoon climbing. We climbed at The Dark Side, but I think the gym and new gym would also be shaded. 

Parker Wrozek · · Denver, CO · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 86

There are north facing/shaded crags at shelf but if you need a patner it is just going to be harder to find one there right now (especially mid week). You can do whatever you would like though.  Your options for climbing are going to be more limited at shelf right now. 

It was upper 70's at Devil's Head this weekend and in the sun it was getting pretty unbearable to climb in imo. Chasing shade was good conditions though, especially for harder sport. 

BowieHelm · · Estes Park, CO · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 5

I'm looking for a partner around Estes Park between 8/29 and 9/3.  If you are interested, or you know anyone that is please let me know.  I'm a summer resident, and climb both trad and sport, looking for Alpine or Cragging.

Thanks,

Bowie Helm

eythan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 15

Folks - Anyone keen to rope up this weekend (Sep 2-5) for something in Eldo, Boulder Canyon, Lumpy or the Park?  My preference would be to do something longer and alpine trad, in the 5.9-5.10 range.  I've done the Petit Grepon a couple times; routes on the Saber; Culp-Bossier on Hallett.  Would keen to do something on Spearhead, Otis (Magic in the Middle looks fun), or Longs.  Anything, really.  I've done a good amount of alpine rock around the US and overseas.  Holler if you're game.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Anywhere in CO from 8/26-9/9"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started