Mountain Project Logo

What's everyone doing to train now that summer is almost over?

Original Post
Sean Hoffecker · · Sandy, UT · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 10

Curious to see what others are doing to get strong.  I've been working on strength by doing 5 pull-ups and 10 push-ups at the top of the minute for 20 minutes.  Also stepping up my core game.  

Charlie S · · NV · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 2,391

I thought we were still training for Sendtember?

I'm on the Rock Prodigy plan.  Not hardcore enough for Aleks' 4-plan.  Hangboarding is a major game changer.

Sean Hoffecker · · Sandy, UT · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 10
Charlie S wrote:

I thought we were still training for Sendtember?

I'm on the Rock Prodigy plan.  Not hardcore enough for Aleks' 4-plan.  Hangboarding is a major game changer.

September in PA can stay pretty warm depending on where you are so Rocktober will be my month :)

I also started to incorporate contrasts baths for my fingers as I've been dealing with a pulley tweak for a few months.  I would 100% recommend this to anyone that has finger pain.

Lena chita · · OH · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 1,667
Charlie S wrote:

+1. About halfway through my hangboard cycle. Then power at the beginning of September, and transitioning to a more hybrid Steve Bechtel-type plan  to hopefully climb well October through Spring.

Daniel T · · Riverside, Ca · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 35

I am starting to get out on real rock these days, now that its cool enough after work.  Im adding a day for strength and a day or two for cardio(depending on life commitments).  Rocktober here I come!!!

R E R · · Southern California · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 4,930

I have been a gym rat most of the summer and that has lead to some atrophy in my push muscles from a neglect in training. With Bishop season 2 months out I have begun a small training regiment. Consistency is the real key to results. I have been doing the basics; push-ups(perfect push-up rotating thing), various abs things mostly with a medicine ball, and light weight squats and deadlifts. I am a big fan of the TRX straps for body weight training. I try to get outside at least once a week and with my time on real rock I focus on mental control. I choose easy highballs and climb slow and focus on breathing and not over gripping.

Marcelo F · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 0

I switched from white wine to red.

Tim Stich · · Colorado Springs, Colorado · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,520

Ha ha ha. I just keep climbing. But not routes that I used to climb well. That way leads to madness.

Tristan Bradford · · Boulder, CO · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 2,633

Slitting my wrists and hoping enough blood drains that I loose 15lbs and can climb 5.13a

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Bouldering
Post a Reply to "What's everyone doing to train now that summer…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started