Mountain Project Logo

Tuolumne weather

Original Post
Scottmx426 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

I've read the forecast but was hoping someone in the Meadows or just returned could comment. What's the weather doing?  How early and long is the rain lasting. Have sites and partners are wavering. Thanks in advance. 

Fat Dad · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 60

I haven't seen the most recent forecast but was there Thurs. through Sat.  Friday was 40% chance of T-storms and we got a smattering of rain in the early evening.  Saturday was 70% and cloudy much of the day with only light, periodic rain.  More importantly, despite the percentage, the amount of rain predicted was less than one-tenth of an inch.  We left at about 2 p.m. on Sat. and hadn't received anything close to that.  Not many people climbing, but I did see someone on Crying in Time Again, which is several pitches.  I'd say go for it if you have a campsite and partners waiting.  You can always do short stuff closer to the road.  I wouldn't do a four pitch slab climb but I would feel comfortable doing something positive and bringing a second line to rap if needed.  

Rob Gordon · · Hollywood, CA · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 115

I hiked there Monday. It was perfectly nice despite a bad forecast. I think if you hit stuff in the morning you'll be fine. I'm in June Lake tonight. Clouds didn't start rolling in dark till 5pm, and they moved along quickly. I predict better and better each day. 

Scottmx426 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

Than you both for the timely reply!  Was there recently and did RR Fairview before the rain came at 3pm. Sounds good. Best to you guys. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California
Post a Reply to "Tuolumne weather"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started