Mountain Project Logo

Wild Country Revo now available for preorder

Jim Titt · · Germany · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 490

The usual Euro companies are either giving delivery 15 Nov 2017 or in 170 days.

La MoMoface · · Arvada, CO · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 60

Sounds like someone at REI pushed the button too early...

Bill Shubert · · Lexington, MA · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 55

I got my order in during the window it was possible. Sure does look like it was a mistake for the website to offer it with the "30 days 'til shipping" message. It'd be nice to get a revo within a month so I can fool around with it, but since they don't charge until it ships, it's not the worst thing in the world if I have to wait until November or later.

ebethreegs · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 0

I think REI made a mistake and put the preorder up too early. 

Matt Robinson · · Saint Petersburg, FL · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 15

I placed my preorder yesterday and when I check my order status it still shows as backorder/preorder shipping within 30 days.  If it was a mistake they haven't addressed it on the back end or sent out any woopsie we screwed up emails yet.

Kevin DeWeese · · Oakland, CA · Joined May 2014 · Points: 1
James T wrote:

Maybe I'm just bad at the internet but how do you preorder on REI's website? Clicking "buy now" gets me nowhere, and I need to hurry up and figure it out before my wife comes downstairs and catches me buying more climbing gear.

Oh man, looks like the pre-orders sold out! When I ordered it, there was a pre-order now button, doesn't seem to be anything there anymore. I hope to god this means that they sold out of pre-orders and not that there's been an unknown delay to my favorite piece of vaporware.

edit: lol, didn't realize there was a second page. sorry for the pointless post.

Cameron Fisher-Gomez · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0
James T wrote:

Maybe I'm just bad at the internet but how do you preorder on REI's website? Clicking "buy now" gets me nowhere, and I need to hurry up and figure it out before my wife comes downstairs and catches me buying more climbing gear.

It appears that at this moment REI does not have any for preorder.  It says "Come back soon."

Cameron Fisher-Gomez wrote:

It appears that at this moment REI does not have any for preorder.  It says "Come back soon."

At least I'm not only one who didn't notice the second page

James T · · Livermore · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 80
Kevin DeWeese 1 wrote:

I hope to god this means that they sold out of pre-orders and not that there's been an unknown delay to my favorite piece of vaporware.

Kevin I'll buy your preorder spot for $150 - it doesn't seem like you're that excited about yours  

James T wrote:

Kevin I'll buy your preorder spot for $150 - it doesn't seem like you're that excited about yours  

I'll need to see a signed permission slip from your wife first   

James T · · Livermore · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 80

Too late, we spent the money on a weekend in Tahoe. I'll just have to get back in line along with everyone else. 

James T wrote:

Too late, we spent the money on a weekend in Tahoe. I'll just have to get back in line along with everyone else. 

Sounds like a decision well made. 

Mark L · · New York, NY · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0
Cameron Fisher-Gomez wrote:

Call REI's customer service line to make a purchase.  I just did this, and even though it says it is sold out and unavailable on the webstore, you can still place an order for it over the phone.  Mine will ship to me on September 3rd, the day that REI is getting them in stock.  According to REI, it will be delivered to me no later than September 12th with free shipping.  The customer service rep. seemed very confident about those dates, so I'm willing to bet that I will receive it in a timely fashion.  

La MoMoface · · Arvada, CO · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 60
Mark L wrote:

Call REI's customer service line to make a purchase.  I just did this, and even though it says it is sold out and unavailable on the webstore, you can still place an order for it over the phone.  Mine will ship to me on September 3rd, the day that REI is getting them in stock.  According to REI, it will be delivered to me no later than September 12th with free shipping.  The customer service rep. seemed very confident about those dates, so I'm willing to bet that I will receive it in a timely fashion.  

Considering how the vergo is one let down after another, I sure hope this is true!

Cameron Fisher-Gomez · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0
Momoface wrote:

Considering how the vergo is one let down after another, I sure hope this is true!

At least it belays well when we have it...

Kevin Mokracek · · Burbank · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 342

Just got a email from REI stating it is on back order.   

Bill Shubert · · Lexington, MA · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 55

I got an email the other day saying that after 30 days my order will be cancelled if not shipped. I logged in and left a message to please keep the order open. Got a response today that included this:

I have updated the order to request extended backorder status beyond 30 days. The Wild Country Revo Belay Device has an estimated delivery date of September 12, 2017. The item will be shipped as soon as it becomes available. Please keep in mind that this is an estimated time frame and is subject to change.

So REI seems to think they'll have it in a couple weeks. I hope so!

Ryan McDermott · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 110

Ordered mine by phone today and REI rep told me shipping Sept. 3. I'll be delighted if I get it before December!

Rob T · · Rhinebeck, NY · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

Thanks, Mark--I just called REI and placed a phone order myself. Same deal--they said shipping September 3rd. Fingers crossed!

Ryan McDermott · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 110

Interesting chat with REI today:

Ryan McDermott: Website says "arriving Aug. 27", but that's when I placed the order

Lea: It appears the item was trying to fulfill from our REI stores and it appears the item we have available did not meet our standards and it appears the order is going to cancel.

Ryan McDermott: Oh, really? That would be too bad! Could you go ahead and send it anyway?

Lea: Yes, it does appear we have more coming in stock on September 8th.

Lea: Do you want to leave the order for backorder?

Ryan McDermott: Ok, cool. Yes, I'd like to leave it on backorder.

Lea: Perfect. I will not your order.

Ryan McDermott: So there was not a product recall? I know the device has been delayed for further testing, but the word on the street is that that has all been completed and it's ready to go.

Lea: No, if the item was on recall we would not sell it

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Wild Country Revo now available for preorder"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.