Mountain Project Logo

Road trip to RRG? Mid-October -- flexible dates

Original Post
Abbie R · · Denver, CO · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 5

Hi friends,

I'm looking for climbing partners for a trip to the Red River Gorge sometime in mid-October.

That's about as far as I've gotten in terms of plans -- my dates are extremely flexible. I live in Denver but have family in Kentucky, so I was going to road trip over there, climb for a week or so (flexible on length of stay), then drive back. I'm cross-posting this in Colorado and Eastern states because I'd be happy to meet up with someone in KY, or have someone join me for the road trip from CO. I'll probably stay a night or two with my parents on the way in/out, and if you road trip with me from CO, obviously you're welcome to stay, too! They live in Louisville, KY.

Anyway, let me know if this sounds appealing, and we can make some plans. If you live in CO, it would be nice to climb together a bit in the meantime to see if we get along, etc. :)

I'll be looking for moderate to easy sport climbs to lead, but I'm happy to top-rope and clean anything you want to put up, and obviously very happy to belay you on your hard projects :) This will be my first trip to the Red, so it will be pretty exploratory and relaxed.

Hit me with questions, if you have them, or if you're interested! 

Dustin Phillips · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Cheers

Matt Shepard · · Broomfield, CO · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 386

I'll throw my hat in the ring here too. As I am looking at something similar to both of you. Id probably tend to late October/Early November for the Red though. I've gone to the red once or twice a year for a few years now. Last trip I talked to a lot of locals and they recommended that time period as most of the crowds from Rocktober Fest have gone and the conditions are usually still good.

Dustin, I'm also looking at going to Greece prior to the Red so we should definitely chat, send me a PM.

Abbie R · · Denver, CO · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 5

Hi Dustin and Matt - thanks for the replies! Like I said, my dates are extremely flexible. I was also hoping to miss the Rocktober crowds, Matt, so that's good info - thanks for sharing! I will drop both of you a PM with my phone number... stay in touch about your plans! 

Tania Rita · · West Bloomfield, MI · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 15

Hey Abbie - I was just on this posting something for this weekend out in CO. I'm originally from MI and frequently make trips to RRG. Depending on what weekend you're thinking...i'll definitely be up to meetup. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Road trip to RRG? Mid-October -- flexible dates"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.