Mountain Project Logo

Climbing this weekend in Colorado close to Denver

Original Post
Gabriel Huie · · San Francisco · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 15

Hey loooks like chance of rain already booked tix and airbnb so im commited to denver this weekend any suggestions where to climb with the rain?

niche pome · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 103

with the forecast i'm seeing you'll be fine anywhere, especially if you get out early. wall of justice and parts of wall of the nineties should stay dry in light rain. easter rock in boulder canyon will also work. 

Greg D · · Here · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 883

Its best to wait for the 24-48 hour forecast to make decisions.  I have done a ton of climbing when the forecast was not great.  Today, for example, I had a partner bail because of the weather forecast.  Right now, there is a mix of sun and clouds and pleasant temps.  Plenty of climbing could be going on right now.  If the forecast is bit sketchy, just don't do long routes.  There is a ton of climbing 5-10 minutes from your car.  

Where are you hoping to go?

Trying to hit up clear creek canyon or Eldo or RMNP its suppose to be those 3 areas but seems ilke not the greatest chances 

gspup · · Sweet Ridge, CO · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 5

Clear Creek and Eldo are a good choice with the forecast. You can get there quickly and bail quickly if necessary. It's CO, so the forecast could easily change for the better in the next day or two...

Greg D · · Here · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 883

Both Clear Creek and Eldo have great climbing 5 minutes from the car.  RMNP is a little more committing.  The forecast looks pretty normal for this time of year.  40% chance of afternoon thunderstorms.  So, the first half of the day should be good to go.  Keep in mind, it could be storming in one spot and completely dry only a few miles away.  You really have to be out there to know for sure.  I know I'm climbing this weekend.

Samuel Jury · · Toccoa Falls, GA · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

Let me know if your looking for a partner any this week! Just wrapped up a session in Eldo before the showers came. 

Anyone available 8/14 could use a partner for any crag?

Pierce Holloway · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

I'll be in the Boulder area for atleast a few days and am looking for a climbing partner starting on 8/14

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Climbing this weekend in Colorado close to Denver"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started