Mountain Project Logo

Mellow trad partners (Denver/ Boulder based)

Original Post
Edubs · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2014 · Points: 0

For too many weekends this summer all of my partners have been gone at the same time, and it’s happening again next weekend. It's time to face the facts: I need more partners. 

Anyone want to climb?

I lead 5.6ish/ 5.7ish trad. I can follow a bit harder, but I’m a lover not a crusher. Generally prefer trad to sport, but I’m up for the humiliation of struggling on 5.9 sport from time to time. My favorite stuff is the stuff that requires a drive and a hike, but while we’re strangers probably best to stay in a less murdery place.

Super safety-conscious and hope for the same in a partner. 

I climb at Denver Movement if you want to climb in the gym first, otherwise we could hit up something easy in the Denver/ Boulder area on the weekend.  I work a regular 9-5 (or, sadly, 7-7), so unfortunately can only get out on weekends.

Finally, please be single. Not because I want to date you, but because significant others steal partners. Your love is a beautiful thing, but not when it means I have no one to climb with on Labor Day. Please—be respectful of my sad, empty life and only PM me if you’ll be around when it counts.

K thanks for reading, internet. PM me if you wanna climb!

Em Cos · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 5
Edubs wrote:

Finally, please be single. Not because I want to date you, but because significant others steal partners. Your love is a beautiful thing, but not when it means I have no one to climb with on Labor Day. Please—be respectful of my sad, empty life and only PM me if you’ll be around when it counts.

K thanks for reading, internet. PM me if you wanna climb!

Requesting a specific relationship status in a climbing partner doesn't often go well. People in relationships can be committed climbing partners, and single people can flake on you. It sounds like you're asking for someone to have no important people in their life so they'll climb with you any and every day you want to. That's a lot to ask for a first climb together. 

Maybe try something like "I will only bail on you in dire emergencies and am looking for the same in a partner" or "ultimately hoping to find a committed, regular climbing partner". 

Edubs · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2014 · Points: 0
Donny Knight · · Wondervu, CO · Joined May 2016 · Points: 37

Hey, just sent you a PM with my contact info. 

Jim T · · Colorado · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 469

Just pm'd you.

Em Cos · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 5
Edubs wrote:

I gotcha. Sorry for jumping on that. Re-reading it now my first thought is "Damn, I'm grouchy when I first wake up". No more pre-breakfast MP posting. :)

S2k4 MattOates · · Kremmling, CO · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 126

Pmed, i love mellow trad, mainly into doing bigger multi pitch 5.7 5.8 routes ,so idk if most people consider 4/8 pitches mellow , but the grades are,   wanted to wake up early Friday morning maybe do a flat iron ,,, anyone? I'm free Friday and Sunday this week

Larry Shaw · · Boulder, CO · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 185

I just moved to Boulder and am looking for safe partners. I'm up for trad or sport and would like to focus on exploring Eldo, Flatirons or Boulder Canyon. I am married, but she climbs too so would have to be O.K. with 3 party climbs sometimes. Larry

Ron Brown · · Danville · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

I'll be visiting from NH and available to climb in the boulder area next weekend 8/19 - 8/20. I'm still kinda new to trad and would love to climb some easy but long multipitch. I will have my gear and rack, probably my rope too. Anything up to 5.7? Flatirons look good, but im up for anything really, i just dont know the area

Chad German · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 0

I can add to regular pool of partners, climb all types but love alpine trad, and once I commit I don't flake out and I expect the same.  From Denver, threeothree, toforto 7506.

Stephanie F · · Arvada, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 70

Hey there, I sent ya a PM. I'm looking for new partners too and have a similar schedule and weekends off. Climb at Denver Movement as well. Also single! Haha

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Mellow trad partners (Denver/ Boulder based)"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started