Mountain Project Logo

Salt Lake Climbing Festival

Original Post
Blake Summers · · Park City, Utah · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 1,810

Salt Lake Climbing Festival is a weekend of skills based climbing clinics designed 

to increase your knowledge on the rock whether you are a seasoned climber or new to 

the sport. Clinics include topics like Outdoor Rock Climbing for Kids, Sport & Trad Lead 

Climbing, Self-Rescue, Multi-Pitch Climbing, and more. Home base for the fest is at the 

beautiful Alpine Rose at the top of Big Cottonwood – where the climbing community will 

come together for yoga, meals, mountainBEERing, product demos, and festivities. The 

event doubles as a fundraiser for the Salt Lake Climbers Alliance - your local non-profit 

rock climbing advocacy group whose mission it is to protect Wasatch climbing

M L · · Sonora, CA · Joined Apr 2007 · Points: 165

please quit it with the climbing festivals in climbing areas, people can sell their souls for free stickers and swag without crowding the crags elsewhere

Blake Summers · · Park City, Utah · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 1,810
notmyname wrote:

please quit it with the climbing festivals in climbing areas, people can sell their souls for free stickers and swag without crowding the crags elsewhere

Yea? You must not have read the description of the event because the focus of this event is EDUCATION not 'stickers and swag'. You should come to the festival, there are professionally taught clinics tailored for beginners as well as experienced climbers. 

Sorry, if you go cragging at Brighton a lot.. 

Zac Robinson · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 415
Blake Summers wrote:

Sorry, if you go cragging at Brighton a lot.. 

Perfect.

Maybe you can stick to LCC and put some of the new trail system to use.

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

I went to an SLCA party once many years ago.  It was super dumb.  It reminded me of high school: very clicky; a lot of arrogance in the air; very intimidating.  I wanted to stay for the swag give-away, but didn't last that long.  Alex Honnold was there, though.  He was really nice to me, actually.  Nice guy.  I was too afraid to ask for his autograph.

John Butler · · Tonopah, NV · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 5
Spencer Parkin wrote:

....  It reminded me of high school: very clicky; a lot of arrogance in the air...

ha ha... nailed it :-)

...but SLCA is still a fantastic org that does great things for climbing in Utah.

Worth supporting IMHO

NickO · · West Slope · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 30

Went to the festival last year for an afternoon and took the self rescue clinic and found it to be very informative and well put together.  Carl Dec did a wonderful job.

Tyler N · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 155

Clinics are affordable and completely worth going to.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern Utah & Idaho
Post a Reply to "Salt Lake Climbing Festival"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.