Mountain Project Logo

Devils Lake Climbing

Original Post
Mike Nudi 1 · · New Lenox, Il · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 0

Hello,

Anyone interested in climbing some moderate classic trad lines?

mike

Justin Meyer · · Madison, WI · Joined May 2012 · Points: 47

I am looking for a partner for this Thursday (6/29/17) or Friday (6/30/17). I can lead 5.6 or so, follow around 5.10. Could top rope up to 5.12. I have a decent rack and knowledge of the lake. Could carpool from Madison. I'm looking for someone safe and reliable. PM me if interested.

Hey Justin,

Unfortunately, it looks like it is going to rain those days.  Maybe next week?  Looking to climb some moderate classic trad routes in Devils Lake.

sgodwin · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 0

Hi Justin, 

I can climb Thursday and maybe friday morning. I only have those days so I'll take my chances with the weather.

I've never climbed at DL before but I normally lead around 5.10. I'd be more than happy to do a few moderate classics. I've got a rack with me but no rope.

Send me a text  (six-085569672).

Scott

Hey, pretty sure it is going to rain this week into the weekend.  Devils Lake is 4 1/2 hours from me and its just not worth the trip to maybe climb. I'd like to spend a few nice days there when the weather is good.  Anyone reading this thread that wants to climb a bunch of moderate classics on trad when the weather breaks let me know.

Hi Mike,

Sorry but I can't make it next week because I only have this Thursday and Friday off. Hope you find a partner.

Sean Peter · · IL · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 105

Hey Justin and Scott-  not sure if you guys are all set up as a pair - if anyone needs a partner  - or if you're up for a third.  But I'll be up in Baraboo by about 10am tomorrow and can climb for the day.  Similar in skill set to what Justin listed- lead at 6/7 and TR in the upper 11s.  Have rack & rope.

My cell service is spotty tonight- but I'll have it on the way there in the am  - shoot me a text if you like  three12 six22-067five

sgodwin · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 0

Thanks for the climb Justin, Sean and Ben. It was good fun, even if I was a bit under the weather. You guys have a great little climbing area at Devil's Lake. For a short route I thought sometime crack was just as good as anything I've climbed anywhere.

Maybe we'll see you in Tasmania one day.

Cheers,

Scott

It was great climbing with you too! I'm glad you enjoyed the lake. Hope you are feeling better! Hope to climb in Tasmania one day. :)

MattPin · · Bend, OR · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Trying to keep this thread alive! I'll be in devils lake on 07/15 for awhile and am look to do some of the moderate trad lines and some bouldering too! Have all the gear and have been leading 10- elsewhere. Feel free to hit me up at 408 916 7065

Matt

Max Rieg · · Portland, OR · Joined May 2016 · Points: 5
MattPin wrote:

Trying to keep this thread alive! I'll be in devils lake on 07/15 for awhile and am look to do some of the moderate trad lines and some bouldering too! Have all the gear and have been leading 10- elsewhere. Feel free to hit me up at 408 916 7065

Matt

I will drop you a text! 

John Magnet · · Sun Prairie · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Looking to hit up the lake this up coming week. Moderate climbing. Have gear and rope. message me if interested 

Gabriel Mendible · · San Francisco, CA · Joined May 2012 · Points: 0

John, I sent you a message. I'm looking to go to devil's lake this weekend

Jesse Via · · Seattle, WA · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 0

Looking to get out to devils lake this weekend ( 7/29 and 7/30)  and climb some moderates. Have rack and rope, shoot me a message if interested.

Hey ya'll,

Looking to climb 8/8-8/9 At Devils Lake.  

Mike

Ryan Murphy · · Lander, WY · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 115

Looking for partners September 4-7 at the lake or necedah. I have all the gear needed and would like to hop on some 9s/10s and top rope 11/s. Shoot me a message if you're down to get after it!

Sudha Pamidimukkala · · Marlboro, NJ · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 60

Looking for partners for 8/10-8/11. I'm a Gunks climber on a road trip with my daughter and interested in connecting with a local that knows their way around. If interested, please text at 732-881-1083. Thanks

Hi Amy and anyone else reading,

I'm may be able to climb the 12th and the 13th, looks like rain on Thursday/Friday.

Mike 

John Magnet · · Sun Prairie · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I would be up for those days if  you need an extra climber or belayer.

john

Sudha Pamidimukkala · · Marlboro, NJ · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 60

Anyone interested in climbing tomorrow text me at732-881-1083 and lmk where and when to meet

Max Rieg · · Portland, OR · Joined May 2016 · Points: 5
Mike Nudi 1 wrote:

Hi Amy and anyone else reading,

I'm may be able to climb the 12th and the 13th, looks like rain on Thursday/Friday.

Mike 

I am free this weekend and would be up for climbing either the 12th or 13th! Ill drop you a PM with my cell to coordinate. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest
Post a Reply to "Devils Lake Climbing "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started