Mountain Project Logo

Patagonia sleeping bag

Original Post
Benjixxx · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

Is there anywhere to buy the Patagonia sleeping bag cheaper than through Patagonias own website?

Cheers

Ben

Peter M · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 10

I haven't found anywhere but I think you'll get a lot more out of your money if you go with another brand like marmot that has had sleeping bags out for awhile. Lots of good deals on thoughs

jdejace · · New England · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 5

If you're an AAC member I think you get 20% off.

Brie Abram · · Celo, NC · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 493

Anything Patagonia sells that is listed as "Exclusive" can only be purchased from patagonia.com, secondhand from eBay, or from overseas distributors. This includes their sleeping bags, their High Alpine line, and a few other items. You *might* find a better price buying from Europe, but it's unlikely after shipping costs. You do get 20% off through the AAC.

Thanks guys

that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 236

Definitely won't find cheaper prices in Europe, we pay a big premium on patagucci kit and we have even fewer distributors, I have been wanting a patagonia sleeping bag since they came out but they have such a massive price tag to swallow it's really hard to justify. I wonder if the AAC discount applies for Europe.

Pascal Liddane · · Nashua · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 55

If you do decide to go with it, it is a fantastic bag. Used it on Baker and Rainer and worked beautifully.

Hi Pascal,

I ended up ordering one but dont have it yet.  Im 5'11 200lb with vroad shoulders so I ordered the large bag for a bit of extra room.  How tall are you and how did you find the fitting of the bag?

Thanks Ben

Pascal Liddane · · Nashua · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 55

so you may have been fine with the regular, I'm 6' and 180lbs (with normal shoulders) and I had tons of room. The length is just about perfect for some one at 6ft any taller and it would be tight. The torso and shoulder section of the bag actually had plenty of room for me. i don't know if it was intentional but i much preferred being able to keep jackets near my core as opposed to my feet. i did not have the chance to try the long i went to the Patagonia store in Boston and knew within 5 seconds of laying in the regular bag that it was the one for me.

Pascal

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Patagonia sleeping bag"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started