Mountain Project Logo

Connecticut Climbing Partner

Original Post
MikeOH · · PNW · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 60

Just moved to CT from Oklahoma. Game for boulder, sport, or trad. Can climb in the low 10s confortably but getting over a shoulder injury and have no idea what the climbing is like here, so the lower the grade the better. I'm looking for people that would want to climb after 5pm this summer on weekdays and further away on weekends to try new places out. Adirondacks, Gunks, you name it. I've got all the gear we would need, so even if you are new, let's go climb.

Suburban Roadside · · Abovetraffic on Hudson · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 2,419

chris_vultaggio wrote:

Usually yes - but sorry dude I'm out of town for a few weeks. Hit me up July on...

Where in Ct? It's a pretty big state.  &

Summertime climbing, in the sun, on the dark Trap rock - say at Ragged Mnt. can be hot. (To hot mid-day, till 3pm)                                              That can run up against traffic issues

around almost all the time, and can show you a few climbing zones  in south-western Ct an 1 hours drive from the Gunks, 

So I wait for perfect fall season into the winter. 

It's lucky I live surrounded by some of  Connecticut's finest Smalls.

Mostly in the shade - all ten minutes from one another &  stumbling distance from parking . . .

https://www.mountainproject.com/v/112238284

Bryce Adamson · · Burlington, CT · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 1,392
MikeOH wrote:

I'm looking for people that would want to climb after 5pm this summer on weekdays

You should check out the Connecticut Climbers and Mountaineers. There's a group on Facebook. They climb somewhere in central CT every wednesday evening. Tomorrow we'll be at the Pinnacle "Nike Base"

Michael,

Yeah I forget that having lived in Texas, Connecticut in my mind seems like everything is so close. in the Newington area. I don't know how far you are from me, probably 30 min or so. Let me know if you want to climb this weekend somewhere. 

Bryce Adamson wrote:

You should check out the Connecticut Climbers and Mountaineers. There's a group on Facebook. They climb somewhere in central CT every wednesday evening. Tomorrow we'll be at the Pinnacle "Nike Base"

Bryce, I saw something about that. Just joined the FB page. I'll probably see you out there tomorrow. Thanks for the infor.

Hayley Janssen · · West Hartford, CT · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 0

Hey, I live in West Hartford and am looking for a partner as well. Right  now I'm free during the week and have been to most of the crags in central CT. I have a rope and some gear. 

Bump, looking to go to Ragged today after work (5pm) 

MP3723 · · New Haven, CT · Joined May 2013 · Points: 10

I'm in New Haven and usually try to get up to the Gunks once a week. 2hr drive each way... totally worth it! I have full rack and rope and I'm currently leading 5.7's. I have a shifting schedule so I climb on various weekdays and avoid the weekend crowds. If anyone is interested, shoot me a message.

Marc H · · Longmont, CO · Joined May 2007 · Points: 265

Resurrection! I'm visiting my folks in W Hartford for most of this month (August '17) and I'd love to get outside and climb on the rocks I cut my teeth on 25 years ago. I'm going to have sporadic work but if you've got a day here or there you're looking to get out, please call or text the number below. I've got a car I can use most days around central CT, but I would also love to get to the Gunks but I would need a ride (happy to pay for gas).

I haven't been climbing much the best several months so I honestly don't know what I can lead but I could almost definitely fight my way through most well protected 9s.  I could probably follow up to 11a (with some possible falls).

I brought a rack and my personal gear (harness, shoes, helmet) but I didn't have room for a rope.

Drop me a line!

Marc Horan

3oh3    -   827.  --- 16oh5

Chelsea Byrd · · CT · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Mike! Always looking for new partners to climb with. Let me know whenever you're looking to go! 

Brian · · North Kingstown, RI · Joined Sep 2001 · Points: 804

Can any of you climb week days?  Some sport in south central CT?  I'm away climbing in NH this weekend but will get back to you.

Chelsea Byrd · · CT · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Absolutely! I only work 3 days a week

I typically can climb late on weekdays (at the crag by 5pm) but have been trying to do that as much as possible. If this interests either one of you, just send me a PM the night before and we can try to make it happen.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

North Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "Connecticut Climbing Partner"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started