Mountain Project Logo

Lost 3 aliens Green, Yellow and Grey, on Three Pines at the Gunks.

Original Post
James Westy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 10

Hey, brought up my Newbie friend. He decided to leave my anchor consisting on Purple cordelette and 3 aliens up at the top of three pines by dangler on Saturday July 29.

David K · · The Road, Sometimes Chattan… · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 423

That route's a 5.3, why didn't you just run up and get the cams?

Analyzer 10101 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Mr. Westy is a wonderful, insightful contributor to the community and therefore reserves the right to summon his gear on the internets rather than take the appropriate steps to retrieve his gear on rappel. Or by climbing a 5.3. Or by not building a gear anchor on a route that has bolted belays. Or by educating his "Newbie" friend about climbing with removable protection equipment. 

beensandbagged · · smallest state · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 0

Thanks for the heads up......I got that bootie today.....

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
James Westy wrote:

Hey, brought up my Newbie friend. He decided to leave my anchor consisting on Purple cordelette and 3 aliens up at the top of three pines by dangler on Saturday July 29.

Abandoned. Not lost. Not "left". 

Chris Duca · · Dixfield, ME · Joined Dec 2006 · Points: 2,330

"When abandoned gear becomes booty--act III"

Glad you are all entertained by this. It was actually a well respected member of the community who shall remain nameless who's friend realized once on the ground that they were not there. They are old school and don't use MP. I posted for them.

Also, some of us might be more hard up than others; but I have found the original owner as often as I bring it to annex or add to my rack. If I can find who was around at the time, or know someone who was around I'll message them and ask if they know anyone who lost it. That's a very busy area. It would have been most likely someone close in time and proximity. I hope you needed it more than them.

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 3,492

So the bottom line is I don't need to climb 3P tomorrow?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Lost and Found
Post a Reply to "Lost 3 aliens Green, Yellow and Grey, on Three…"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.