Mountain Project Logo

Found: Poop on Third Pillar (Graphic content)

Original Post
Ned Logmit · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 10

On Saturday, after arriving at the pitch 1 belay ledge (normal start), I noticed a distinct odor. A quick self sniff-check revealed no source. My vigilant partner arrived a moment later and quickly spotted a semi-crusty poop two feet to the left of where I had taken a seat.  The person (or persons?) that left it seems to prefer the use of toilet paper, instead of locally sourced granite flakes or pine cones. My forensic experience tells me it may have been 1-2 days old. If you know anyone that pooped on Thursday or Friday, climbs in the High Sierra, and uses toilet paper, be forewarned: they may be a suspect. If you or someone you know left this little gem, please let them know where they may retrieve it. 

In the meantime, while I greatly enjoyed zooming in on the photo and showing it to innocent victims eating chocolate cake at the Mobil, Don't Do This...

Instead, Do This:

Oh, and always remember the Pact: https://www.accessfund.org/learn/the-climbers-pact

Gavin Towey · · Bend, OR · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

This is seriously heinous.  At the top of P1 you should just bail and start over if you gotta go that bad.

Ned Logmit · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 10

Correction: it was at the bottom of P1.  

Lou Cerutti · · Carlsbad, California · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 209

For your zooming pleasure. Summit block dookie on Cathedral Peak.
DavisMeschke Guillotine · · Pinedale, WY · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 225
Lou Cerutti wrote:

For your zooming pleasure. Summit block dookie on Cathedral Peak.

The "Hot Shit" Pitch

Lurk Er · · Truckee, CA · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 5,289

Hahahahahaha!

Seriously though, gross. I prefer the time-honored "poop on a flat rock and throw it off" method. 

eli poss · · Durango, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 525

This is the wrong section of the forum. This post should be in the lost and found section of the forums. I'm sure somebody would give a nice 6 pack to be reunited with their lost belongings, if you can find the original owner

Trevor · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 830
Lurker wrote:

Hahahahahaha!

Seriously though, gross. I prefer the time-honored "poop on a flat rock and throw it off" method. 

Ah yes, the mud falcon

Acmesalute76 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 71

Is that really on the summit block of Cathedral? It's only the size of a table. You could easily reach over the lip and grab it. 

dylan grabowski · · Denver · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 95
Trevor. wrote:

Ah yes, the mud falcon

The ol' shit-put.

King Tut · · Citrus Heights · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 430

dafuq over....

vincent L. · · Redwood City · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 560

Just once I'd like someone to say, "yea that's my crap, I pooped all over a classic route" , but no one ever comes forward...

Petroclimbsagain · · Colorado · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 20

I pooped on the Shark's Tooth in RMNP about a decade ago ~3-4 pitches up.  I opted for a cave, just off route for some privacy, and a comfy place to take off my harness.  Found a nice Frisbee shaped rock and performed an alpine smear.  

eli poss · · Durango, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 525
vincent L. wrote:

Just once I'd like someone to say, "yea that's my crap, I pooped all over a classic route" , but no one ever comes forward...

This one isn't mine, however I have pooped on a row before and I have no problem admitting it. Last spring I went to EPC and did Estrellita, a 12 pitch route. By the time I got to the belay app pitch 7 I could no longer hold it because I drank the Mexican water and got A GI bug. Instead of just shitting all over the belay, I rapped down to ledge off route and shartted all over a poor little bush. It stormed that evening and all night and the poop was gone before anyone ever climbed it again

NegativeK · · Nevada · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 40
vincent L. wrote:

I only poop on ropes.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California
Post a Reply to "Found: Poop on Third Pillar (Graphic content)"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started