Mountain Project Logo

Devil's Lake - lost shoe

Original Post
Austin Lynch · · Madison, WI · Joined May 2013 · Points: 170

Alright, I finally lost a shoe at the lake. Last Saturday, July 29th, a size 42.5 Solution must have slipped out of my crash pad as I was scrambling in the talus somewhere underneath the CCC trail.

I know that it's a long shot, but if anyone finds a shoe, I'd be grateful.

Jesse Via · · Seattle, WA · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 0

Hey I saw a solution atop one of the towers on East rampart on Saturday. I'm not familiar with the area but judging by the pics im guessing it was on pseudo hawks nest. The shoe was on a large boulder next to a pile of orange peels. Hope that helps

I haven't consumed citrus since 2013, but it's likely that my shoe did some hunting of its own, being out in the wild like that. I definitely hiked through the Pseudo Hawks Nest, so that's a good lead. I'll try to get out there tomorrow night - hopefully it doesn't travel too far before then.

Thanks for the help.

NegativeK · · Nevada · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 40

There were apparently some young hikers trying to venture out to get it Saturday evening, but I only heard about it when we were making dinner that night. Sounds like your show is becoming famous, though.

Good luck!

I had a fruitful search, although not in the way that I had anticipated. I must have packed out three oranges worth of peels, but no climbing shoe. Thanks for the help, everyone.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest
Post a Reply to "Devil's Lake - lost shoe"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started