Mountain Project Logo

Seeking Ride 7/31 (8/5 back) and/or partner to/for Darrington, Leavenworth, North Cascades, WA Pass, Squamish from Eugene/Portland/Seattle.

Original Post
Nick Cypress · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 10

I'm looking for a ride from Eugene Monday 7/31 (or anywhere nearby I can get to) up to all that good solid alpine rock in WA or BC. North Cascades, Leavenworth, Darrington, WA Pass, Squamish, etc. are all good options, especially if I have a climbing partner when I arrive. Some of my interests: Dreamer on Green Giant Buttress, Ragged Edge or True Grit on Vesper, Serpentine Ridge on Dragontail, W Ridge of Paisano Pinnacle. I'm looking to get back to Eugene 8/5 or by morning 8/6. Thanks!

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

If you bought a car, it would be a lot easier to get around. Just a thought...

Yes, I'm wanting to get a vehicle. Right now my thought is to get a AWD Previa. Decent gas mileage, lots of cargo space, easy up/down extra seating, easy to sleep in, and relatively cheap. Do you have any suggestions?

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

Good gas mileage and newer car (more reliable) would be my priorities.

By the way, thanks for not getting defensive in your reply!

Edit: I drive a newish Civic, but I don't sleep in my car.

alpine murse · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 95

A RAV4 does really well and is super dependable. Sounds like the perfect vehicle for you

Thanks for the thoughts. I'll checkout my housemate's Rav4 to see how sleeping in it feels. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Seeking Ride 7/31 (8/5 back) and/or partner to/…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started