Mountain Project Logo

UPDATE: Latest News from Cody, WY.

Original Post
Mr. Southfork · · Roberts, MT · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 15
Keith Noback · · Scottsdale, AZ · Joined Jan 2009 · Points: 640

Still have a hard time feeling negative about Don. What happened?

Jason Todd · · Cody, WY · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 1,114

He's an admitted thief and pathological liar. Qualities most of us don't find to be a positive in a person.

From the links above, (which you should read):

"At the 2017 Ice Festival, though, Novak said he went out of his way to bring Foote back into the fold.

The event featured speeches honoring Foote’s contribution to the festival over the years, and Foote was presented with free gear on behalf of Novak and other organizers.

“It was astounding,” Novak said of what happened next.

While festival attendees were out making ascents, Novak said someone broke into the Cody Auditorium where the festival’s night time activities took place.

Almost $900 in gear was stolen, leaving Novak and others mystified – until Foote posted pictures of himself wearing some of the missing items. Novak said some of the gear was made specifically for organizers, so it was easy to recognize and identify."

Keith Noback · · Scottsdale, AZ · Joined Jan 2009 · Points: 640

Yeah, I read it. Not trying to excuse anything. I don't know Don too well, but the interactions I had with him over the years were good and that's saying a lot given the circumstances of some of them. He put a lot into the festival, as well. What ever has happened with him, I hope it goes better in the future, and I don't mean that as condescending sympathy. Maybe he just needs to get the hell out of small town Wyoming for a while.

The Wyoming Way has its charms, but you can stew in it too.

JF M · · NoCo · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 1,823

So was the theft of goods before or after the plea deal and sentencing? If after, would that not break the conditions of the probation / suspended sentence and land the dude in jail?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Wyoming, Montana, Dakotas
Post a Reply to "UPDATE: Latest News from Cody, WY. "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started