Mountain Project Logo

RRG - Sedan Style Car Accessible Wall w/ 5.6-8 Routes - Recommendations?

Original Post
Austin Tyler · · Lexington, KY · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

A friend and I are headed to the RRG Sunday. He climbs up to 5.11, but we're looking for walls with more 5.6-8 routes in order for me to practice my lead belay skills on routes that he'll be stronger on. We both drive sedans so some places like PMRP are probably not going to work for us in terms of access. Can anyone recommend a wall with decent access and multiple lower grade routes? Also, if anyone wants to join, DM me.

Austin

Zabadoo · · Grand Rapids, MI · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 15

Muir Valley, Bruise Brothers.

Roadside would work too all the way right is a good slab wall.

ottothecow · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

Land Before Time Wall has some nice 7, 8, 8+, 9, and a couple of nice 10s once you get comfortable.  My recollection is it is not as slabby as some of the other beginner areas...which is real nice if your leader is going to be taking practice falls on you.

Anything in Muir Valley doesn't care what kind of car you have, and there are other walls with a bunch of easy climbs.  

Rick L · · Medford, OR · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 50

Go muir! thats your ticket

Josh Gates · · Wilmington, DE · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 4

Muir's great. Practice Wall and Guide Wall at Muir are good, too, pretty near Bruise Brothers. PW has some toprope access too, if you're into that.

Patrick Miller · · Indiana · Joined May 2017 · Points: 340

A small front wheel drive does fine in the PMRP. Just drove a ford focus up the motherload hill with no problems. Also seen alot of other small cars maks it up. 

Lena chita · · OH · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 1,667

You always have an option of parking on top of the Motherlode hill, and walking. If you'd be ok with 5.9, that opens up a lot more places, too

Austin Tyler · · Lexington, KY · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Muir it is! Thanks for all the replies!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "RRG - Sedan Style Car Accessible Wall w/ 5.6-8…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started