Mountain Project Logo

WTB: Alpine Touring Skins

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Huw · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0

Putting together a used touring setup on a budget and looking for some second hand skins that will fit my 178cm Skitrab Freedom 90 skis.

Anyone have any well looked after skins they'd consider parting with? 

cheers :)

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 3,492

Is 90 the waist width?

James Wolff · · Spokane, WA · Joined May 2015 · Points: 215

I have a pair of G3 Alpinist skins cut for BD Amperage skis, at 115 underfoot. My skis have front and rear rocker and camber, but are 175cm. They're up for sale for $50, only a season old.

Gunkiemike wrote:

Is 90 the waist width?

Yeah, they're marked 178 long, 90 wide although haven't measured them myself!

Nick Young wrote:

I have a pair of G3 Alpinist skins cut for BD Amperage skis, at 115 underfoot. My skis have front and rear rocker and camber, but are 175cm. They're up for sale for $50, only a season old.

So if they're cut to 115, does that mean I would just need to cut them down to 90? Will they be too short at 175? Sorry bit of a noob here so haven't got my head around the fixings and sizings! 

James Wolff · · Spokane, WA · Joined May 2015 · Points: 215

Yeah, they're cut for 115 so you should be able to cut them to 90 no problem. Length shouldn't be an issue - they don't hit the end of my skis - the tail attachment is adjustable!

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started