Mountain Project Logo

FT: grigri 1 for grigri 2

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Jack Stephenson · · Dadeville, AL · Joined May 2016 · Points: 25

Shot in the dark, but maybe someone prefers the old one and can't find it. Pm for pics, it's in great shape

Bump

Bump

Bump

sherb · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 60
Jack Stephenson wrote:

Shot in the dark, but maybe someone prefers the old one and can't find it. Pm for pics, it's in great shape

I can see that. Maybe if i go to Tennessee one day. I have several grigri 2 and no grigri 1. But I'm not motivated enough to deal with shipping fees.

John Boy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 370

My GriGri 1 works fine on ropes 9.7mm and up.  I finally bought a GriGri 2 and handed the GriGri 1 down to my daughter who continues to use it regularly.  The GriGri 1 is also the preferred version for lead soloing.  Petzl doesn't recommend using a GriGri for any type of soloing, but there are a lot of people using them for this purpose, including solos of Grade VI walls.  There might be someone out there wanting one for this purpose.  Three bumps in two weeks is pretty light compared to others on here, including me at times!  IMHO, Jack isn't bumping this post excessively.

Skye Swoboda-Colberg wrote:

Stop bumping and just buy a new one, everyone is climbing on <10mm ropes anyway so the GriGri 1 is no good.

Well, I had a reply from a guy, I responded to him and never got word from him. So there's obviously still SOME interest for them out there. 

And yeah, this is last bump. Sorry for the nuisance, I get that it can be annoying if you monitor the site frequently like myself. 

And btw the gri-gri 1 honestly does fine down to 9.4 in my experience. 

John Boy wrote:

Three bumps in two weeks is pretty light compared to others on here, including me at times!  IMHO, Jack isn't bumping this post excessively.

Thanks John. I didn't feel so either, but hey, to each their own. Climbers are supposed to be respectful in public places, right? Lol

sherb wrote:

I can see that. Maybe if i go to Tennessee one day. I have several grigri 2 and no grigri 1. But I'm not motivated enough to deal with shipping fees.

I wouldn't mind covering the shipping, if that's what you're getting at

Skye Swoboda-Colberg wrote:

No man I was being kind of a jerk. I didn't realize they were sought after for Solo lead climbing, but with the Soloist and the Silent Partner out of production there are fewer and fewer options for solo rope climbers. I hope you can sell it.

All good dude!

Shelton Hatfield · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 650
John Boy wrote:

....  The GriGri 1 is also the preferred version for lead soloing ...

Personally, I think it depends on the diameter of rope you are using. I'd be reaching for the grigri2 if soloing on non-fatty rope. I like to increase my chances of the locky widget doing its thing. Bump

John Boy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 370

I'm a wimp I guess.  When I'm lead soloing (aid or free) I want the fattest rope I can fit into the belay device!

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started