Mountain Project Logo

Climbing mate needed for Yosemite - 2nd week of August

Original Post
Dominik Dušek · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Hello there,

I’m reaching the Yosemite valley by rented car around 6th or 7th of August. I should stay something like a week and I’ll be on my own, hopping to find a climbing partner. I read that it is quite easy to find another lonely climber at camp 4 yet I’m already sharing my plans in advance so perhaps it will catch somebody's eye and would love to join...

Very first question, anybody interested to climb with me in the valley? I’m quite experienced rock climber and alpinist. Sport-climbing –wise, I’m now pushing 5.10d grades, eventually I’m starting some 5.11... But I’m open to even much easier stuff, especially when it comes to trad climbing (5.8-5.9). Well, let’s say I’ll be just happy to climb a bit in Yosemite and so I’m very open to meet somebody like me and start with some easy lines, or to be taken by some local climbers and being introduced to some classics...

And a second question would be about the gear. I’m flying from Europe and will spend in US some 5 weeks... Thus, I can’t bring all my climbing equipment. Would you guys think it would be enough to bring my personal kit and leave ropes,  cams, quickdraws and all heavier gear home? Do you think it could work out as most of the climbers in area will have the equipment anyway?

PS. We might just share the ride from San Francisco as well.

Many thanks for any output and greetings from Europe,
Dominik   

Dominik Dušek · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Just a small update, I should arrive to Yosemite valley by 6th or 7th of August...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California Partners
Post a Reply to "Climbing mate needed for Yosemite - 2nd week of…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started