Mountain Project Logo

WTB Belay Gloves

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Chris Allen · · Chicago, IL · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 0

Looking to buy fingerless belay gloves, size small or medium, any condition.

Luna Luna · · New Haven, CT · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 60

message sent

bump, thanks for the message!

Jack C · · Green River, UT · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 325

Go to the hardware store and chop the fingers off some $10 leather gloves. I've got a pair of $12 mechanix originals that I've put thousands of rap feet on without wearing through the palms at all. Can't say that about the couple of pairs of BD belay gloves I burned through in a single day out doing ropework.

Tony B · · Around Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 24,665

recycle sporting good stores sell weight lifting, batting, or MTB gloves, all of which if well made can be great, and fit far better than garden work gloves.

Ian Cavanaugh · · Ketchum, ID · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 620

go to hardware store/gas station. get the deer skin for $11 and cut the fingers off, or don't. they work awesome and will last just as long as any other pair you pay $40 for.

Jan Tarculas · · Riverside, Ca · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 927
Jack C. wrote:Go to the hardware store and chop the fingers off some $10 leather gloves. I've got a pair of $12 mechanix originals that I've put thousands of rap feet on without wearing through the palms at all. Can't say that about the couple of pairs of BD belay gloves I burned through in a single day out doing ropework.
this

Thanks, I like the quality of Metolius so bump, still looking if anyone wants to sell1

wing thing · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 115

Why not just use a pair of weightlifting gloves? Most of them are fingerless and relatively cheap. 

I would rather stick with a climbing specific, I'm aware of all the suggests people have posted, but I like the construction and quality of these.

Bump, anyone done some spring cleaning!?

Bump if anyone has any to sell

Chase G · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 169

Buy some black diamond crag half finger gloves. They're like $12 on sale, $15 retail. 

Joe Prescott · · Berlin Germany · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 6

Firm grip Trademaster work gloves for $12 at Home Depot have  held up way better than friends' Metolius gloves, and handle the rope great and no real sadness if they are lost. Buying "belay gloves" is a huge rip-off.

jp

Ian Lauer · · Yakima, WA · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 15

You've been looking for used gloves for 4 months? Lol

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started