Mountain Project Logo

Anyone know this problem on Flagstaff`

Original Post
Michael Spiesbach · · Boulder, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 105

Right behind the Guardrail at the hairpin just past the capstan.. it starts on two underlings and goes up to the lip with an awkward mantle top out.. was fun but wasn't sure if anyone knew any info on it..  It looked like it  had a harder sds to it as well. 

Alton Richardson · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2010 · Points: 170

That is a V3 from the low start into the underclings. OG top out utilizes the crack and goes more or less up, while new school way goes right, staying on the lip with them finger tips and then doing a harder mantle out. OG way feels hard V3, new school way feels V5. There is a V7 eliminate that stays in the smaller holds in the right and if you start far left on the edge of the boulder, dont use the jugs and traverse into the underclings, then move into small crimps thats a really great V8 called New Beginnings. An eliminate, but super fun. 

Michael Spiesbach · · Boulder, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 105

I don't think there is a crack at all in this boulder... I think you're talking about the one in the alcove? I'm talking about the one that's like 2 inches from the hairpin and faces the road right next to a tree.. I Probably didn't do a good job describing it.. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Anyone know this problem on Flagstaff`"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.