Mountain Project Logo

Climbing partners in the NC area

Original Post
Ryan Creed · · Burlington · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 30

Hi all! Recently moved to Greenville SC from Texas and I'm in need of some regular trad/sport climbing partners! As far as North Carolina goes I've only climbed at Looking Glass and I'm eager to check out some of the other great locations this state has to offer. Mostly siked on trad(leading up to 5.9) at the moment but I do enjoy dogging some harder sport routes (5.11ish). Very flexible schedule and can climb most weekdays and weekends. Have a rack, a 50m rope, and a whole lot of free time. Lets climb something! 

Nicholas Le · · Chapel Hill, NC · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 5

Hey Ryan just sent you a PM. 

Daniel Heins · · Seattle · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 1,254

Hey!  I'll be Knoxville based for all of September.  Personally I've only climbed E Tennessee but am definitely looking to hit some NC trad! I'm at 9I4 924 978O (anyone else around feel free to hit me up come September as well, though till them I'm SD)

Ti ck · · souf yeast · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 1,790

Welcome!  not trying to rain on your parade here, but you are gonna want a longer rope, most anchors in this area are set for a 60M.  Just don't want you getting dropped while getting lowered after a lead or rapping off the ends.  Check out Linville gorge when you get a chance, one of the best climbing spots in the area IMO

I grew up in Greenville, but am living up in Asheville, if you have any questions about climbing or life in these cities feel free to shoot me a message! Get after it

Jill H. · · Spartanburg, SC · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 5

Ryan, there's a small group of us (myself, Paul, Mike, Nathan) who climb Thursday nights at http://climbbr.com starting around 6:30 and then make outdoor plans for Friday-Sunday. We mostly climb trad but want to try the sport at Hidden Valley soon. Come join us! -Jill

Ryan Creed · · Burlington · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 30
Jill H. wrote:

Ryan, there's a small group of us (myself, Paul, Mike, Nathan) who climb Thursday nights at http://climbbr.com starting around 6:30 and then make outdoor plans for Friday-Sunday. We mostly climb trad but want to try the sport at Hidden Valley soon. Come join us! -Jill

Thanks for the invite Jill! I will definitely be joining y'all soon! Blue ridge is the only gym I've climbed at since ive been back in the state. Going back to Texas for a week this Thursday so I won't be able to make it these next two weeks but very excited to meet y'all soon and plan some trips! Just got back from Table Rock NC last night and I definitely wouldn't mind going back there!

Stephen Volpe · · Columbia, SC · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Hey guys I live in Columbia but I have the next 3 weeks off before school starts again and I climb at crowders mountain and I'm looking for people to climb with!  Really looking for someone to follow so I can learn to climb trad. Text me at 727-542-0325 if anyone wants to climb!  I have a sport rack as well as c4 .5 to 3 and 1-13 stoppers and a 60m rope 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "Climbing partners in the NC area"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started