Mountain Project Logo

Banff Climbing Guide Recommendations

Original Post
Daniel Tocci · · White Plains, NY · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 45

I'm heading to Banff in two weeks for my Honeymoon. My wife likes to climb but prefers single pitch. I would like to climb longer/harder routes. 

I did a quick internet search and found Banff Mountain Guides. Can anyone recommend a guiding company and or provide a review of Banff Mountain Guides service?

Thank you,

Daniel

Brad Warne · · Calgary, Alberta · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 1,320

https://yamnuska.com/   

They are your go-to guiding company, but there are many other smaller groups. 

Thanks Brad!

FosterK · · Edmonton, AB · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 67

There are a lot of guides in the Bow Valley - Yamnuska just being the 800 lb gorilla of them all. You can expect commensurate service of such a gorilla.  Other guides include:

Mountain Skills Academy (the other Gorilla); Cloud 9; Canadian Rockies Alpine Guides; Mark Klassen; or any on the list of ACMG.ca  lists of guides.

I found Banff Mountain Guides online. Do you guys know anything about this company?

Thanks

Dan

Chris C · · Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 407

Jay Mills is the man (owner of CRAG). He is usually booked out pretty far in advance though! 

Mark Kristen · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

Hi there if you like to climb longer/harder routes and you need some guiding companies Banff Mountain Guides is good but if you're interested in some other companies that offer more then perhaps you can take a look at www.joshuatreeuprising.com they are professional, reliable and good and basically best at what they do. Hope this helps.

Bill Kirby · · Keene New York · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480
Mark Kristen wrote:

Hi there if you like to climb ... Hope this helps.

That guy went to Alberta not California back around the end of July last year... So probably not bro.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Banff Climbing Guide Recommendations"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started