Mountain Project Logo

Best bouldering west of Asheville

Original Post
NCChris · · Denver co · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

I'm looking the best area with good v-2 to maybe V-5 boulders. Looking fun stuff with two pads and myself since I'm new to the area. 

Allan Ange · · Sylva, NC · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 0

Not a lot of great bouldering west of Asheville, at least until you get to Chattanooga area. Check out 107 boulders, NOC boulders, Granite City boulders all west of Asheville. In the heat better to head to high country, Boone area.  When it cools off Rumbling Bald and Looking Glass boulders are great.  

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

Assuming you are asking west because you are tired of rumbling bald?

Rick Carpenter · · Marion, NC · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 1,315

within an hr of aville i'd hit corner rock area (the surrounding trails are littered with blocs of the grade you want) or just go east to the bald. Also, stony bald has problems of the grade you want and is cool in the summer, but the rock isnt the best quality. The best stone is along hwy 221- caverns/dairy farm blocs, g-maw, dump, area-e...list could go for awhile.  

badcarp · · Ooltewah, TN · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 15
Rick Carpenter wrote:

within an hr of aville i'd hit corner rock area (the surrounding trails are littered with blocs of the grade you want) or just go east to the bald. Also, stony bald has problems of the grade you want and is cool in the summer, but the rock isnt the best quality. The best stone is along hwy 221- caverns/dairy farm blocs, g-maw, dump, area-e...list could go for awhile.  

Hey Rick, if you have some beta on 221 boulders, I'd be interested. I spend quite a bit of time in the Roan Mtn area, and would like to check them out.

Rick Carpenter · · Marion, NC · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 1,315
badcarp wrote:

Hey Rick, if you have some beta on 221 boulders, I'd be interested. I spend quite a bit of time in the Roan Mtn area, and would like to check them out.

I'll shoot you a pm

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "Best bouldering west of Asheville "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started