Mountain Project Logo

Climbing pants for tall skinny woman?

Original Post
' ' · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 446

--

Matt Pierce · · Poncha Springs, CO · Joined May 2010 · Points: 312

I'm not sure if this will help you but maybe Prana? And maybe Prana mens? Ever tried mens pants? I own a ton of Prana mens pants because they offer very off sizes - I wear 31/34. Finding a 34 length in just about any mens pants you have to get a waist larger than 32 so that never works for me. Just a thought.

Prana also offers the popular stretch zion in a convertible and they also have some nice stretchy knickers - I have both but needed to order online as they dont ever seem to be available in stores...

Em Cos · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 5

Prana men's doesn't come any smaller than a 28" waist, at least that I've found. (I was hoping to get the men's version for the pockets). The women's do come in short, regular, and tall, but they run a bit big (I'm one size smaller in Prana than in most brands) so I wouldn't be surprised if even the zero is a bit big on you, and unfortunately the super handy built-in waist cincher that used to be on all their climbing pants is now only on the men's. Worth a try though! I can't offer any more insight than that, I always need the short length in my pants. But if they fit you and you can live with tiny pockets, they're great climbing pants. 

amarius · · Nowhere, OK · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 20

My wife suggested you get something close and then get it altered. 

Matt Pierce · · Poncha Springs, CO · Joined May 2010 · Points: 312

Keep in mind - at least at the Denver store - prana does FREE alterations

Edubs · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2014 · Points: 0

Ugh, Prana pants are the worst. I'm 5'10" too (though weigh substantially more than you do) and the Prana inseam situation is terrible. The regular 32" inseam is too short (though I often wear a 32" inseam and can get away with it with some of the Prana styles), but the tall pants are a whopping 36" inseam! Who are these women?? The "petite" pants are 30", the regular are 32", and the tall are... for women over 6'3"?? Wth, Prana. 

eli poss · · Durango, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 525

Lycra

Abbie R · · Denver, CO · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 5

Honestly, try e9. It's an Italian brand, but you can buy them in the U.S. from this site (and maybe others). I own three pair, and all of them run long, in my opinion (I'm 5'9"). Most of their styles have elastic in the waist - either all around or just in the back - which is very convenient for fit, in my opinion. I find they run pretty straight anyway - I have pairs in both M and L, and I'm a 28" waist, 37" hips.

George Bracksieck · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 3,393

Try Stonewear Designs.

Alicia Sokolowski · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 1,781

I second the e9 suggestion. 

Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175

climbing friend,

this thread it iz a trick and it haz microagression? you may not comment upon what a human of female type shall be wearing, yes?

Martin le Roux · · Superior, CO · Joined Jul 2003 · Points: 401

Don't know about women's sizes, but at least for men some other companies that make climbing pants for people with skinny waists and long legs are Mountain Hardware (Chockstone/Super Chockstone), Marmot (Scree) and Arcteryx (Gamma LT).

M P · · Somewhere in the desert · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 356

I'm not as tall as you, but other measurements are probably similar. I've had some luck with La Sportiva and Arc'teryx.

fuck you · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

girl, you need arc'teryx or la sportiva pants...forget prana, they run huge.  you are probably a true size 2 in arc'teryx...and don't complain @ the cost.  you live in CA, you should already understand that good things cost money.  lol

i am not as thin as you (*sigh*) but my go to are my la sportiva rocky mountain pants....a small fits like an xx small in prana without all the dimension errors.  OR has some cute pants too, they are smaller than prana but may still be too baggy for you.

good luck~

fuck you · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

omg, e9!  awesome suggestion AND they have actual colours for women (instead of light blue/pink, lol)!  awesome suggestion~

Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175
Kat wrote:

Microaggression hurts all of us.

climbing friend,

oh, ho ho!!! you are winning the little Aleks Z award for humorous little urban achiever it is so funny!!! Microwave, (micro)aggression, ho ho ha ha!

Derek DeBruin · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 1,039

You might consider Patagonia as an option as well; they tend to be more slender. My wife has been psyched on some of the OR offerings (including some of the size XS men's, though not sure if that would fit you). A guide friend of mine has a few pairs of REI pants that she really digs, so you may be able to find something a bit cheaper if price point is a concern.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Climbing pants for tall skinny woman?"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.