Mountain Project Logo

Free solo Flat Iron Today

Original Post
Alexander Scholl · · Cincinnati · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 15

Looking to solo one of the Flat Irons today. If anyone is going out this morning or evening and does not mind letting a traveler tag along let me know. I have free soloed one of the Flat Irons in the past but can not remember which one it was, it was also over 7 years ago. Grasping for straws here trying to get any kind of climb in on this vacation. If any one can help even with the best option please let me know. 

Daniel Joder · · Barcelona, ES · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

I would suggest going to the First or Second as the Third Flatiron and the rock formations to the south are still, as far as I know, under a raptor closure (through July 31).

Mark E Dixon · · Possunt, nec posse videntur · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 974

If you want a less crowded day (but at a little easier standard) then the combination of the Regency, Royal Arch, Anomaly and Amoeboid is great.

Also Angel's Way on Ridge 1.

Not sure about closures though, you'd want to check.

Alexander Scholl · · Cincinnati · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 15

Thanks for the replies, as my time in boulder is going to be limited to the next 28 hours I don't believe i'm going to find what I need in the time I have. Should have got on this forum a while ago . Ridge 1 is closed for raptor nesting or at least it says that on the site. 

Peter Beal · · Boulder Colorado · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,825

Second Flatiron is easy to find and easy to climb. Go!

Mark E Dixon · · Possunt, nec posse videntur · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 974

Peter's right, 2nd is fun and you should do something! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Free solo Flat Iron Today"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.