Mountain Project Logo

Marmot stole my go lite jacket

Original Post
Dick Stone · · Boulder · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 225

Lost my GoLite super lite shell at the bottom of a climb... dastardly Marmot uncovered a rock pile off our pack, pulled it out and it blew away...either that or he's wearing a very stylish orange "jumpsuit" now, somewhere in Rocky Mountain Natl Park.

Does anyone know where to get a super light shell like GoLite had?  They are out of business and I can't find a similar product!

Max Forbes · · Colorado · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 108

Funny... my friends boots just got eaten and tossed aronf by marmots in RMNP. Apparently you can't leave anything on the ground around there. Bastards. 

Anyhow, I'm stoked on my adidas gore active shell. Light, cheep and durable. Patagonia, OR and rab also make ultralight rain shells folks seem to like so that's where I'd look. 

Brian · · North Kingstown, RI · Joined Sep 2001 · Points: 804

It has become quite a problem with marmots stealing clothing.  For some reason they are particularly attracted to the Marmot brand.  

Matt B · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 472

My Trail was started by one of the Go Lite guys I think. You might want to check out what they've got: https://mytrailco.com/collections/mens-apparel.

They also have a shop on Pearl St. now with more items than online I believe, perhaps with additional discounts.

Optimistic · · New Paltz · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 450

I've been pretty happy with my OR Helium 2 and (after I lost that) Patagonia Houdini. Outdoorgearlab has some fairly useful reviews. Both of them are (in the years I bought them) a little annoying when packed. Houdini has an extremely delicate looking clip loop, and Helium stuff pocket (very small Velcro closure) was kind of prone to popping open.

Dick Stone · · Boulder · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 225

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Marmots be damned !

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Marmot stole my go lite jacket"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started