Mountain Project Logo

Stoked on simul climbing?

Original Post
Don Ferris III · · Boulder, CO · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 186

Had plans for what I like to call a Nose Day (31 pitches) in Eldo on Sunday but my buddy bailed. I'd still like to get after it though. If you're stoked on simul climbing up to 5.9 terrain and enjoy long days with lots of mileage hit me up. 

The day goes something like this:

Bastille crack

Ruper

Yellow Spur

Rewritten

Gambit

Wind Ridge

Rusty Shackleford · · Boulder County aka The Cent… · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

Gambit is closed, yes? That sounds like quite the day tho. Good luck.

Mike McNeil · · Spearfish, South Dakota · Joined Feb 2007 · Points: 1,555

I was there last week and I thought it said the closure ends on the 15th.  

ROC · · Denver, CO · Joined Feb 2003 · Points: 155

What's your start time?

Rusty Shackleford · · Boulder County aka The Cent… · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

Raptor closures on forest service lands last from 3/1 until 7/31. They will lift due to lack of nest activity or when the chicks fully fledge. It could be different tho since its a state park but it's all part of protection act for birds act so I'm not entirely sure how the bureaucracy works there. 

Healyje · · PDX · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 422

Not sure simu climbing with random MP strangers is a such a good idea. It's something I'd personally only do with someone I knew really well and who had a tight act together both alone and as a pair together. Just saying anyway. YMMV...

grog m · · Saltlakecity · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 70

Thanks dad...but seriously, looking forward to the SAR report.

Kirtis Courkamp · · Golden · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 378

Sounds all good except the yellow spur. Ive simmuled the bastille and rewritten and wind towers but usually at evening/dark because you will for sure hit parties if you dont  

Healyje · · PDX · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 422

Yeah, Yellow Spur does kind of stick out on that list...

that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 236

This sounds sick i would totally be there if i wasn't a few thousand miles away.

Kirtis Courkamp · · Golden · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 378

Maybe you should try a real climb the nose in the day by actually pitching the thing out.  there are only a few pitches of simul-climbing on the nose for us mortals 

but it sounds fun but your going to hit crowds its a sunday in eldo 

ROC wrote:

What's your start time?

7-7:30

Healyje wrote:

Not sure simu climbing with random MP strangers is a such a good idea. It's something I'd personally only do with someone I knew really well and who had a tight act together both alone and as a pair together. Just saying anyway. YMMV...

Plenty safe with traxions. Great input though

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Stoked on simul climbing?"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.