Mountain Project Logo

Acquiring retired gear

Original Post
Ben V · · Central Maine · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 1,482

Hey everyone,

I am looking to get some old, retired nuts and cams to make art with. Don't want to sacrifice anything useful (I want to climb on it) so I figured retired was the way to go... except I can't find any. If anyone knows where to find some, let me know! Thanks!

Mark L · · New York, NY · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

What's up with people making art with old climbing gear all the time.  I honestly think it's a way of putting a rudimentary trad rack together. 

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 3,492
Mark L wrote:

What's up with people making art with old climbing gear all the time.  I honestly think it's a way of putting a rudimentary trad rack together. 

I have sent dead gear to a few folks "for art projects".  I can guarantee that none of them will ever use any of it for climbing.  I mean, if I'm not willing to use it, it's complete JUNK.

Ben V · · Central Maine · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 1,482
Mark L wrote:

I'm looking for "you fall on this you die" kinda gear that vaguely resembles trad gear. Believe me I would rather use a nut climbing than anything else, I'm looking for retired stuff, not just old stuff. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Trad Climbing
Post a Reply to "Acquiring retired gear"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started