Mountain Project Logo

Longer term Ice, mixed and alpine rock partners

Original Post
Steve Towne · · Longmont, CO · Joined Oct 2006 · Points: 305

Looking for a couple new week-day climbing partners on semi-regular basis.  Prefer with ice, mixed and alpine rock experience.  Must be OK with early a.m. starts, reliable, safe, fun, good attitude, solid climbing skills, mature and financially stable.  Interest in training for future big winter/spring objectives a plus.  -steve/Longmont

Paul Bodnar · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

I am interested in climbing Crestone Needle via Ellingwood Arete (Ledges) in the late mid July  to Mid August timeframe.  I seem to meet your critera and I live in Longmont.  I would also be interested in other Alpine pursuits should we decide to do so.

Koy · · Denver, CO · Joined Dec 2008 · Points: 85

Looking for the same & check all the boxes you mentioned (except for mixed).  Currently looking to do alpine routes up in RMNP like Blitzen, Pagoda, etc.  Open to other climbs as well.

Steve Towne · · Longmont, CO · Joined Oct 2006 · Points: 305

Thanks gents, hopefully between all of us we can maximize our opportunities and not be left sitting on the couch on a great alpine forecast!

Chad German · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 0

Also like alpine climbs especially, have weekends off but can get occasional weekdays off, contact threeothree, toforto 7506

Ryan Malarky · · Fort Collins, CO · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 110

Any of you folks around this weekend for RMNP/Estes area rock climbing? If so, PM me. 

Any of you interested this weekend I'm climbing either something awesome like Kit Carson Prow, or could stay near RNMP for alpine, contact me.  Also, I'm off all of next week and could climb a multitude of things, something good.  See number above.  Always for more regular partners especially Alpine

Okay, anyone on this list want to climb alpine this weekend, or very soon?  

Mike Sullivan · · Durango, CO · Joined Sep 2004 · Points: 60

Hi Steve and others,

I'm not too keen on climbing near the Front Range due to the crowds, but I'm interested to get out for trad and alpine routes in other areas. (Or maybe some stuff in RMNP midweek...?) Saw that some folks are discussing the Prow and Ellingwood Arete -- I've climbed both and would recommend them, though I think the approaches and camping will be a mosquito-fest this time of year. I've not yet climbed the N Buttress of Crestone Peak, which is supposed to be a good alpine 5.8. Also have a few routes in the San Juans that I'd like to do, including Arrow and Jagged. 

Kristi Brackett · · Longmont, CO · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 160

Last time I'm posting on this, what was looking like a promising thread but no one is stepping up.  I'm climbing the prow kit Carson this weekend, or could Alpine in rnmp, but really want to climb prow-i am somewhat flexible.  Next week I'm going to the great San Juans, climbing arrow nw arete, and open to reclimb vestal, or electric peak, trinities, it's all awesome.  It's time that more people put the mountain back in mountain project.  Contact three othree Tofourto 242-8506

Ryan Malarky · · Fort Collins, CO · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 110

I'm looking to get back into RMNP after a long hiatus, and was considering this weekend but am not sure about the forecast.  If anyone here is interested in moderate routes in the Park, and/or has thoughts about the forecast, let me know.  Gracias.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Longer term Ice, mixed and alpine rock partners"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.