Mountain Project Logo

Ledge Park in Horicon?

Original Post
meulendykej Meulendyke · · Milwaukee, WI · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 0

Our family is new to outdoor climbing, but we are loving it. We are from Milwaukee and have been to Devils Lake the last three weekends. 

Looking for closer areas, I found a map for Ledge Park in Horicon. The most recent posts are from three years ago and I was wondering if anyone had more recent info on the area.  Thanks! 

John

Crazy Matt · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

John,

I got curious also and found myself out there last fall. The comments on the Ledge Park main page are relevant today. Almost all hikers and families there, not a lot of climbers. Much of the rock is poor quality and/or has a lot of stuff growing on the face or drooping down from the top out. If you have been climbing at devils lake, I'd reckon you might be a little disappointed by the quality of Ledge.

That said; I did a few problems here that I enjoyed and would still say you should check it out if its not too far away from you. After one visit you will certainly be able to gauge whether or not its worth the drive. 

Hope this helps!

-M

meulendykej Meulendyke · · Milwaukee, WI · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 0

Thanks for the details Matt! 

We'll probably give it a shot in the next couple weeks. I'll report back. 

Mike Blisz · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 384

Is climbing allowed there by the park?

Roamin' Buffalo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 50

reeeeally decomposed rock. I wouldn't take kids there to climb because of danger at the base from pulling holds/falling rocks. Ymmv.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest
Post a Reply to "Ledge Park in Horicon?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started