Mountain Project Logo

Diamond Fork Canyon information needed

Original Post
B Jolley · · Utah · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 172

Some friends and I are  exploring Diamond Fork Canyon in Spanish Fork Canyon. There are several bolted routes with little to no information anywhere. We are exploring the Red Ledges Day Area, primarily bouldering, and would like to compile as much info as possible. 

Dose any one have any information about this area they are willing to share with me?

Also, we would like to invite anyone to join us to explore. We always hit the hot springs when we are done climbing for the day.

Ryan Hamilton · · Orem · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 5

Darren Knezek, the owner of Mountainworks, the climbing shop in Provo, will probably be of some help to you. He has been very active in route development over the years. He also knows all of the other guys that do a lot of route development in the area. 

B Jolley · · Utah · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 172
Ryan Hamilton wrote:

Darren Knezek, the owner of Mountainworks, the climbing shop in Provo, will probably be of some help to you. He has been very active in route development over the years. He also knows all of the other guys that do a lot of route development in the area. 

Thanks Ryan, I'll see if they are willing to share.

chad zurinskas · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

yes, i bolted some routes 16 or so years ago, then a water project shut the me down.  now im back rebolting anchors and cleaning up projects.  the routes are a 30 second approach from the hot springs parking lot.  the rock is cobble, west facing and steep.  an early started will provide good conditions and a parking spot.  

routes are from lookers left to right

there are 2 5.9s on the far left. they share the start and the finish

next routes are on the upper tier

battlebots 12.c go right at 3rd bolt to avoid choss, finishes on cool crack

project

next 2 routes start together and are very good. FYI, i clip the 1st 3 bolts to avoid a ground fall

upperdecker 12.c or d

all time 13.a 

unfinished proj

12. b project. long and dirty, needs cleaning

rob's proj 11.a tech to jugs

please climb these route. give me feedback.  respect my projects and don't steal tyson's quick draws 

thanks,

chad zurinskas

v0minus Anderson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Great routes!  Amazing how much solitude you can find, just 1 minute from a shit show of a parking lot!

tenesmus · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2004 · Points: 3,023

Chad, that's super cool. Thanks for sharing!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern Utah & Idaho
Post a Reply to "Diamond Fork Canyon information needed"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started