Mountain Project Logo

Wild country rocks nut #12 equivilent (38mmx38mm placement range)

Original Post
Nickc Diaz · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

I lost my nut and want to replace it. My go to local stores and online site doesn't sell these individually so I'm looking for an equivilent. I'm noticing that nuts seem to often be sold in sets. What do y'all do when you lose one to the rock, just replace a single nut or go without until you need to buy a whole new set?

Thanks everyone!

baldclimber · · Ottawa, Ontario, Canada · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 6

How helpful. 

Callum Parkinson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 95

Where do you live. I can do some searching if u like

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 3,492

Um... hexes?

Ben Murphy · · Palisade, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 20

You clearly didn't look too hard online...the link baldclimber posted takes you to a site which sells all sizes individually.

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

I'd replace it. Going without certain size nuts can be a real problem on a climb, although less so in that larger size. As you probably already know, Wild Country's Rocks in sizes 12, 13, and 14 are larger than any other nut that I'm aware of.  Your options are to either ask your local store(s) to order it for you, or buy it online some place that carries it. I notice that campsaver, amazon, mountaintools, and backcountry all sell them individually and have that size. 

Otherwise look into replacing it with a hex which will not be the exact size. The closest is the Wild Country Rockcentric red #6 in the small cammed position. Next up the DMM Torque Nut red #2. 

I ended up purchasing the nut on backcountry and combining my order with one from steepandcheap. Thank you everyone. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Wild country rocks nut #12 equivilent (38mmx38m…"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.