Mountain Project Logo

Valley Giant 9 Alternative

Original Post
tsouth · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 5

Hey all,

I heard recently from a buddy that there was a company out of Colorado that was making an alternative to the valley giant 9. Does anyone know about this? Are they for sale yet? Anyone know the brand? Or does anyone know any other alternatives to them for big cams? 

NOCO Gear · · Fort Collins, CO · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 220

Might be Wired Bliss, but they are not active anymore. They were going to produce a big cam but never got it through production.

Also, there was something like Dee's cams? Also wide crack cams that had a good design, but I can't think of the actual name, since I just did a google search for "Dee's Cams" and came up with nothing...

Trevor · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 830

A guy named Evan Deis in Colorado is making small batches of 9" and 12" cams that look really nice. I'm not sure where he's selling them, if anywhere, but a mutual friend put us in contact and he sent me some info on them. 740g for the 9". I almost ordered one, but then I realized I could probably find better ways to spend $200 than on a 9" cam. 

Also, I've been hearing talk of BD potentially coming out with a new big cam somewhat soonish, but I could be 100% wrong on this one. 

Josh Kornish · · Whitefish, MT · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 800

Erick from the Taco is making some truly incredible pieces of art.

Way lighter and perhaps better as a pusher piece, I have faith in his engineering prowess.

Check them out!

MP's evil twin

tsouth · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 5

Thanks Josh, those look pretty sweet.

Kevin DeWeese · · @failfalling - Oakland, Ca · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 981

Or you can buy wooden blocks to extend the range of a Bdel #6

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Valley Giant 9 Alternative"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started